Just to get a feel as to who's in this community...
Mar 7, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #63 of 164
First year chemistry major. Also work part time at a grocery store. Oh the boredom...

Mar 8, 2011 at 8:07 AM Post #64 of 164
Grade 12 HS student!

I can't stand highschool, so boring. Hoping to go to university for Computer Engineering next year. Worked for the government as an IT support person last summer, sat around and played pc games the summers before that...  

Mar 8, 2011 at 10:23 AM Post #67 of 164
Professional Photographer.

Commercial, Fashion, Portraiture, Events.  You name it, I shoot it.

Mar 8, 2011 at 11:49 AM Post #68 of 164
I read through this thread and was impressed with how many members are either working in a technical area or are students in technical areas. You may be interested in what an old man like me has to say about technical jobs. When I was young I wanted to do something important in my life so I earned this thing called a Ph.D. in physics from a name brand school. Then I went to work as a development engineer at a place called IBM. After way too many years at IBM I recently retired.
biggrin.gif
  All I can say about technical jobs is "Moms don't let your babies grow up to work for IBM" (with my apologizes to good old WN).
rolleyes.gif

Mar 8, 2011 at 3:53 PM Post #69 of 164
Quote:
I work in Student Affairs, Administration, and Leadership at a private New Jersey University.

then i'd say that you have one of the more appropriate user names 
wink.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 8, 2011 at 6:12 PM Post #70 of 164

Quote:
then i'd say that you have one of the more appropriate user names 
wink.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Haha... it's my middle name, I swear! I'm Chinese, you see...
Ironically, I'm the one who adjudicate students with illegal substance possession, which obviously is a University violation, and end up expelling them from campus.

Mar 8, 2011 at 6:37 PM Post #73 of 164
Quote:
Haha... it's my middle name, I swear! I'm Chinese, you see...
Ironically, I'm the one who adjudicate students with illegal substance possession, which obviously is a University violation, and end up expelling them from campus.

hmm, ok. did you just update your sig after this post? ("no, i'm not a pothead; Bong is just my middle name.")
i wonder how the students who get the boot after the bong feel about getting that boot for the bong from mr. bong? 
confused_face_2.gif
  (+ munchie face
popcorn.gif
tongue.gif

Mar 8, 2011 at 7:03 PM Post #74 of 164

Quote:
hmm, ok. did you just update your sig after this post? ("no, i'm not a pothead; Bong is just my middle name.")
i wonder how the students who get the boot after the bong feel about getting that boot for the bong from mr. bong? 
confused_face_2.gif
  (+ munchie face
popcorn.gif
tongue.gif

Heh... I had that sig for years! As for my students, they make fun of my middle name all the time.
smily_headphones1.gif
  It's when they're hitting the bong (the thing, not me... well, if they hit me too), I need to expel them off campus.

Mar 8, 2011 at 7:05 PM Post #75 of 164

Quote:
Grade 12 HS student!

I can't stand highschool, so boring. Hoping to go to university for Computer Engineering next year. Worked for the government as an IT support person last summer, sat around and played pc games the summers before that...  

You're me, I'm just a year behind.

I wonder what IT job I'll get this summer...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back