Just Starting Out - Headphones (Uplifting Trance)
Oct 7, 2014 at 11:02 PM Post #32 of 38
since other products are just way too overpriced in your country, I d just take the m50x. it is a good portable option too. I don't think other products worth the extra price imo.

Alright thanks, Im comming to the same conclusion myself.

Could you also please recommend an amp that can make it good enough for Trance?

And in general can amps make average headphones sound above-average?

Oct 8, 2014 at 12:44 AM Post #33 of 38
Alright thanks, Im comming to the same conclusion myself.

Could you also please recommend an amp that can make it good enough for Trance?

And in general can amps make average headphones sound above-average?

you should be able to use the m50x without an amp. it should pair well with most of the portable devices. usually better amp/dac should give you better results, but still it's all depends on your current source quality, as an example if you can hear some noice or can't get any listenable volome, then you might need a different amp/dac. end of the day it doesn't matter how good is your headphone, amp, dac as long as you listening to low-quality audio. it's garbage in -> garbage out.... for now I suggest you first just use the m50x without any amp/dac.

Oct 8, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #34 of 38
you should be able to use the m50x without an amp. it should pair well with most of the portable devices. usually better amp/dac should give you better results, but still it's all depends on your current source quality, as an example if you can hear some noice or can't get any listenable volome, then you might need a different amp/dac. end of the day it doesn't matter how good is your headphone, amp, dac as long as you listening to low-quality audio. it's garbage in -> garbage out.... for now I suggest you first just use the m50x without any amp/dac.

I mostly listen to music online which I guess would qualify as garbage given the Hi-def audio available these days.

Oct 8, 2014 at 1:44 AM Post #35 of 38
I mostly listen to music online which I guess would qualify as garbage given the Hi-def audio available these days.

I wouldn't call them all garbage. there are plenty of good online sources like hdtracks. iTunes is not bad either. imo m50x is a very forgiving headphone even with low quality recordings, so it should do well with low quality youtube videos too.

Oct 8, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #36 of 38
If you're looking at fun closed cans as well, the donscorpio dolphin might fit.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/291090098586?redirect=mobile

http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs/2865
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2657356

They're actually a little cheaper than the m50 and significantly cheaper than the m50x (in the US and Canada)

Oct 8, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #37 of 38
I'd just save a bunch of $ and get the Creative Aurvana Live! They are very inexpensive and vastly prefer it to the M50x. Beyerdynamic DT770 also a good choice, sounds similar to the M50 but with much better comfort and soundstage

Oct 9, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #38 of 38
+1 on the Creative Aurvana Live! (original version, not the CAL2 released last year)

One of the best value for money headphones around. Awesome sound and comfort for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back