Just Recieved my E4's!!!
Aug 26, 2005 at 10:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Estilo

100+ Head-Fier
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Just Recieved My E4, still awaiting final break in but I am impressed already with the sound,

Excellent Midrange and Detail!!!1
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Bass is a lean on an iPod (audiophile bass), but I will find ways to enhance the sound even more than it is, and I'm also gonna try every single tip for best sound and comfort. And Incredibly small!!!

Thanks Head-Fi!!, I'm happy with my purchase!!

Aug 26, 2005 at 11:18 PM Post #3 of 25
icon10.gif
Getting the seal is really tricky though...
confused.gif

I can get my left ear correctly, but not my right?

Aug 26, 2005 at 11:21 PM Post #4 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Estilo
icon10.gif
confused.gif

Congrats Estilo. Suggest you try the smaller flex tips. But my fav are the yellow foamies. Love the way they expand inside my ears to fill the space. Better bass too with these (IMO).

Aug 26, 2005 at 11:26 PM Post #5 of 25
I will do a full review later on... Right now I have to do some listening tests and get my facts straight.

Aug 26, 2005 at 11:31 PM Post #6 of 25
I definately prefer the yellow foamies for easy fit. Only downside is they get pretty dirty quick and they loose their form overtime.
For more durable choice, I like the small grey flex tips too. I think E4s are very very competitive in their price range considering their size and sound.

Aug 27, 2005 at 12:01 AM Post #7 of 25
The E4's synergize better with my Walkman CD Player.

Aug 27, 2005 at 1:48 AM Post #8 of 25
Quote:

Bass is a lean on an iPod (audiophile bass), but I will find ways to enhance the sound even more than it is, and I'm also gonna try every single tip for best sound and comfort. And Incredibly small!!!

"Audiophile bass?" If you try to recover what ain't there, you won't be getting audiophile bass
tongue.gif
Ipod's line-out has the bass, though.

Aug 27, 2005 at 1:53 AM Post #9 of 25
Try the tri-flange tips. Clearly my favorite - ya just gotta have large canals. Congrats on the new earphones! Rock!

Aug 27, 2005 at 2:29 AM Post #11 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teerawit
"Audiophile bass?" If you try to recover what ain't there, you won't be getting audiophile bass
tongue.gif
Ipod's line-out has the bass, though.

What I actually meant was an audiophile's perspective of lean bass, not the regular schmo's lean bass. I actually used my E4's with a flat response because I didn't like the way the DSP on the iPod "tried to enhance bass, noooo....
cool.gif
biggrin.gif
It sounded too muddy, especially on heavy metal.

But a flat response on Jazz,Classical,Soft Rock,Classic rock out of the iPod presents a Sublime balanced sound.
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Pink Floyd never Sounded so Good!!!

I will...sooner or later add a SM3 to my portable setup, to add the punch that I had with my PX200's.

Aside from the foamies, the Smallest Clear Flex and smallest Grey soft flex fit me the best, I actually get decent bass.

Aug 27, 2005 at 2:34 AM Post #12 of 25
I learned one thing though...

With the E4, I have Discovered the Horrors of <192kbps encoding. OUCH!!!

Aug 27, 2005 at 2:38 AM Post #13 of 25
Quote:

I learned one thing though...

With the E4, I have Discovered the Horrors of <192kbps encoding. OUCH!!!

yea, i'm about to learn what's up with the headphone out of ipod photo, so much complaining about this hiss with piano got me nervous.

With sr60s nothing to report though.

Aug 27, 2005 at 2:59 AM Post #14 of 25
Quote:

icon10.gif
confused.gif

It took me a while to consistently get a good seal. I use the triflange eartips. When I first bought them, I thought that I was getting the proper seal. But, it turns out that I wasn't. Now that I am achieving the correct seal, the sound is incredible with these earphones. The bass has improved tremendously as a result.

Now that I insert the eartips in an upwards direction into my ear canal, I achieve a great seal very quickly every time. Slowly push the eartips UP into the ear canal--then pull out slightly until you feel some suction to achieve the seal.

It seems that it's more difficult to achieve the seal with brand new triflange eartips. After a day or two, they seem to soften enough that the seal is easily achieved.

Aug 27, 2005 at 2:04 PM Post #15 of 25
Quote:

I will...sooner or later add a SM3 to my portable setup, to add the punch that I had with my PX200's.

I just added a sm3 to my setup and I am now enjoying my e4's even more than before. The class-A biased 5534 opamp in it is perfect for them.

I'm glad you like your e4's, now it's time to drop another $350 on an amp
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Just kidding (sort of), they are great, enjoy them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back