Just Recieved my E4's!!!
Aug 27, 2005 at 3:48 PM Post #16 of 25
I notice the bass is really balanced and goes pretty deep with an iPod, but nothing compared to my friends Headroom Coda, Sound quality increased on all aspects, and he uses it out of a lineout, so now I'm planning to buy a Supermacro 3, I just gotta recover.
icon10.gif

I'll be ready to post a full review by tomorrow. So Stay Tuned.

Aug 27, 2005 at 6:06 PM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Estilo
I notice the bass is really balanced and goes pretty deep with an iPod, but nothing compared to my friends Headroom Coda, Sound quality increased on all aspects, and he uses it out of a lineout, so now I'm planning to buy a Supermacro 3, I just gotta recover.
icon10.gif

I'll be ready to post a full review by tomorrow. So Stay Tuned.

looking forward to it. My E4s are really growing on me.

Aug 27, 2005 at 6:44 PM Post #18 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmmmmm
I'm glad you like your e4's, now it's time to drop another $350 on an amp
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

I ordered a SM3 last week to pair up with my e4s and iPod. Now I just need to find a good mini to mini cable.

Aug 27, 2005 at 8:42 PM Post #19 of 25
I just got my E4's today aswell and I have to say I'm quite impressed
biggrin.gif

Was using EX-71's before and I was thinking that the difference in bass would be way too noticeable without an amp but it isn't all that bad, or at least not what I had expected. I have been using the bass boost eq on my ipod though....I'm not sure if I want to lug carry an amp aswell though. Well, that and the price :p

Getting a seal has been a real pain for me so far so I'll definitely see how gnagel's advice helps out (cheers).

Initial thoughts are that I would notice the difference as soon as I tried them, but its a lot more subtle. Definately better, no doubt about it, it's just so much clearer.

Hopefully get a decent seal with them and I'll be all set
biggrin.gif

So much info and varying opinions on here - it helps when making buying decisions to see the pros and the cons
biggrin.gif

Cheers

Aug 27, 2005 at 9:07 PM Post #21 of 25
I've had the E4c for two months now and I have to say that I'm very happy with them. If there's a problem with them, it has to be the iPod headphone out
tongue.gif
While people want video iPod while there's so much to be improved to the internal amp, I'll never know. Oh well
biggrin.gif

However, even out of the iPod, the E4c sound excellent, if a bit shrilly at times. Oh, and of course, you shouldn't judge the E4c's bass out of the iPod alone. Even with a portable CD player, the bass is significantly more present, and with a home stereo system, the shrillness will totally disappear, leaving room to full, solid, precise bass, and great separation and detail. For me, the E4c are significantly better than the E3c in all aspects. I don't regret buying them at all.

Aug 28, 2005 at 6:19 PM Post #23 of 25
Ok... Now these headphones made me realize how bad the iPod headphone port sucks.
eek.gif
mad.gif

It seems the E4's synergize wayyyyyyyyyyy Better with my dad old 1995 CD (D-141) Walkman. You get great bass and good midrange but the bass boost muddies the highs...

Now I'm pissed and want to get an SMv3!
mad.gif

Aug 28, 2005 at 8:34 PM Post #24 of 25
Aren't the E4's great?
They sound absolutely great with my NW-HD1, I'm completely happy with the sound.

But the combination with an ipod is not a fortunate one, appearantly because the ipod through the phone-output hardly gives any bass to the E4's (or other phones), for me the reason last year to sell my Ipod Mini and buy the Sony.

Aug 28, 2005 at 9:39 PM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by dura
Aren't the E4's great?
They sound absolutely great with my NW-HD1, I'm completely happy with the sound.

But the combination with an ipod is not a fortunate one, appearantly because the ipod through the phone-output hardly gives any bass to the E4's (or other phones), for me the reason last year to sell my Ipod Mini and buy the Sony.

Apperantly, everything sony gives nice bass, and yes the E4's are Awesome.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back