Just received new MTH-M50x
Nov 22, 2014 at 1:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

johnstac

Head-Fier
I have not even turned the music on yet. I have a couple of issues that I would like to find out if anyone else has come across. First, my ear does not fit inside this "over the ear" headphone. It does if I squish in the bottom but that is going to get painful quickly. Second issue which might have something to do with the first but I don't think so. I feel like these headphones are going to crush my skull!! I have never wore a pair of headphones that put so much pressure on my head before. I do have a large head (7 3/4) but even so, there is still plenty of room vertically. I notice it helps a little if I extend them out as far as possible as it puts less pressure on the noggin but in doing that they want to fall forward or back so this only works if I am lying down with a pillow supporting them.

I want to love these though and so I want to get comfortable first. Anyway, I think I did read on a Google search that someone replaced the ear cups with something else. If I am reading this right they replace the originals with Beyerdynamic Gel Style Ear Cushions. I'm not sure though if I have that right or if this can even be done. Thoughts?

Nov 22, 2014 at 3:43 AM Post #2 of 2
I hope to maybe use this thread to post any other issues that may come up as well with these cans. So I just listened to them for the first time. I think there is something definitely wrong though. I realize that some people either hate these or love them but that's not what this is about. I just listened to my first few songs and I can hear the instruments but the vocals sound as if they are in the background or something. It's weird and I've never experienced that before. I'm thinking that there is something wrong. I am listening to these songs on Spotify if that makes a difference but it shouldn't. I'm going to get an EQ setup but I have never needed to in the past. Strange.

Edit: Nevermind: I didn't have the cable plugged in all the way... much better now.
basshead.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back