Just received my Karma (modem warning)
Jun 9, 2004 at 2:48 PM Post #17 of 29
You can leave it plugged in for as much as you want. Rio engineers at Riovolution forums have specifically stated that once the battery is charged, the player switches completely to DC power.

Haribo, I strongly advise you to buy a screen protector for it, as the screen gets scratched easily.

Also, you might want to have a look at Riovolution forums, as they are very informative.

Also, upgrade your firmware as soon as possible. You will find the latest version here, as well as the latest version of Rio Music Manager to go with the new firmware.

Jun 9, 2004 at 3:41 PM Post #19 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by gorman
Haribo, I strongly advise you to buy a screen protector for it, as the screen gets scratched easily.

Also, you might want to have a look at Riovolution forums, as they are very informative.

Also, upgrade your firmware as soon as possible. You will find the latest version here, as well as the latest version of Rio Music Manager to go with the new firmware.

Yes I will probably get a screen protector or a case for it pretty soon.
The first thing I did after unpacking the player was to update the firmware and register at riovolution
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 9, 2004 at 4:35 PM Post #20 of 29
Those screen protectors look like they're impossible to get on without nasy air bubbles. How far off is the sq of the karma compared to the zen? I had no idea the karma looked so cool.. looks much cooler than the Ipod IMO. Does the karma have more output than the zen? Hopefully the karma 2 will be just as awesome...

Jun 9, 2004 at 5:54 PM Post #22 of 29
I want one. But then again I don't want to look like an idiot if five weeks later I could have bought the Karma 2 with twice the HDD capacity and recognized as drive ...
rolleyes.gif

peacesign.gif

Jun 9, 2004 at 9:15 PM Post #25 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by chicubs
If that thing didnt look like it was made by Fischer Price, I would buy it.

It will match the standart Windows XP skin
tongue.gif

Jun 9, 2004 at 9:47 PM Post #26 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaZZ
I want one. But then again I don't want to look like an idiot if five weeks later I could have bought the Karma 2 with twice the HDD capacity and recognized as drive ...
rolleyes.gif

peacesign.gif

agree and hope that rio will be focusing also to sound not only to portability

Jun 10, 2004 at 2:55 AM Post #27 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaZZ
rolleyes.gif

If it is mainly the USB MSC drive recognition you are concerned about, the future firmware release will apply to current Karmas as well. Further, if you get a replacement plan (which I would suggest anyway) then you could just trade it in when the new Karma came out. This is all of course presuming that you need to buy 'soon'

Jun 10, 2004 at 6:22 AM Post #29 of 29
I was considering a karma till it seemed like major improvements in mp3 players are just around the corner, who exactly has this replacement mentioned that replaces due to "I hate having an out of date player buy me a new one!"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back