Just pulled the trigger on the Nikon D5000!
Apr 23, 2010 at 1:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

Spareribs

Headphoneus Supremus
Just ordered the Nikon D5000 DSLR camera. It's my very first SLR camera!!!

nikon-d5000-dslr.jpg

chewie0ol.gif

Apr 23, 2010 at 1:39 PM Post #2 of 27
Congratulations!
biggrin.gif

Shooting with a (D)SLR take photography to the next level. Enjoy.

Apr 23, 2010 at 6:32 PM Post #3 of 27
You're starting out with a mighty fine camera. What lens did you get? Lenses are the fun part!

Apr 24, 2010 at 1:51 AM Post #6 of 27
It arrived today!

I ordered from Adorama online camera sales and I got it refurbushed (by Nikon) and paid exactly $519.95 shipped including the stock 18-55 mm lens. I was surprised that it arrived in about 24 hours. But I live about 100 miles from the distribution center so that helps I suppose.

Looking at the interface menu, it does look somewhat intimating but I have read that it is user friendly even if I don't understand what's going on. I did order the book Nikon D5000 for Dummies and I do plan on studying it but most importantly I want to rely on my inspiration for the artistry of photography and capturing artistic images even if they may not come out "perfect".

My 2 future lenses that I am seriously considering:

Nikon DX 35 mm f/1.8 and the Tokina 11-16 mm.

The reason why I want the DX35 mm is because it is considered to be a good lens for capturing low light without flash and I really dislike flash so it sounds very enticing. Plus it's only $200.

For the Tokina 11-16 mm ($599), it is considered to be a highly reputable lens for ultra wide shots and I love ultra wide! Plus the sample pics I saw was pretty amazing. Sample pics for both lenses looked fabulous actually and not terribly expensive.

Apr 24, 2010 at 9:05 AM Post #9 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spareribs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The reason why I want the DX35 mm is because it is considered to be a good lens for capturing low light without flash and I really dislike flash so it sounds very enticing. Plus it's only $200.

Why? Flash photography is soooooo versatile.

Apr 25, 2010 at 2:02 AM Post #14 of 27
That Tokina looks interesting, as I've been interested in getting a wide-angle lens for some time. Congrats on the purchase. Once you get used to the menus, it's pretty easy. I've been setting up some shots in manual mode lately with my D80 with great results now I know exactly how to get the results I want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back