Just pulled the trigger on a DT-231
Feb 22, 2008 at 7:11 PM Post #16 of 17
I think the DT231 is a pretty decent headphone for $50 and when I bought Sennheiser HD25 after the Beyer the new HD25 sounded about the same as my 150 hour Beyer. It was only after the HD25 had some hours on them that I understood the 4x cost difference.

I ended up giving the Beyer in October to my Brother-in-law who was wanting some Bose triport, and he is still enjoying them today.

Feb 22, 2008 at 11:48 PM Post #17 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the DT231 is a pretty decent headphone for $50 and when I bought Sennheiser HD25 after the Beyer the new HD25 sounded about the same as my 150 hour Beyer. It was only after the HD25 had some hours on them that I understood the 4x cost difference.

I ended up giving the Beyer in October to my Brother-in-law who was wanting some Bose triport, and he is still enjoying them today.

After several listening sessions with the Beyers, I also thought that they were worth the $50 bucks I paid for them. The only thing I didn't like about them is that I thought they were a little dark (possibly from slightly recessed midrange and mid-bass). I'm just not a fan of darker sounding 'phones (too much grado).

While my wife has become accustomed to them, she was not impressed by their comfort immediately...too much pressure right below her ear between her jaw and neck. I did have her try to carefully stretch the headband a little (since it's all plastic).

Also the DT-231 are not supra-aural for both my wife and I. They are definitely circumaural...guess she and I have small ears.

Nylan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back