Just packed for a business trip, and...
Mar 21, 2006 at 2:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Skylab

Reviewerus Prolificus
decided not to bring 2 pairs of shoes, so that I'd have room for 2 pairs of headphones.

orphsmile.gif

Mar 21, 2006 at 9:23 PM Post #3 of 18
LOL! True. But I'm in my hotel now, and very glad to have my DT-801's with me, in addition to the HD-25's I used on the plane
biggrin.gif

Mar 21, 2006 at 9:24 PM Post #4 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab
decided not to bring 2 pairs of shoes, so that I'd have room for 2 pairs of headphones.

orphsmile.gif

I completely authorize this decision.

Mar 21, 2006 at 9:54 PM Post #5 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
I completely authorize this decision.

Hehe, I was going to post something like that as well
tongue.gif

Mar 21, 2006 at 9:59 PM Post #6 of 18
There is a man who knows his priorities.
Quote:

Well, what happens if your shoes get wet?

You can find a shoe store in any major city in the world. But good headphones are hard to find.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 21, 2006 at 11:04 PM Post #7 of 18
Why don't you just wear two heaedphones at once?
confused.gif
biggrin.gif
You can't wear two shoes at once. You can use one pair of headphones on your head and the other on your neck.

Apr 3, 2006 at 2:25 PM Post #9 of 18
Inspired by this thread, I brought my Senns along with me on a business trip last week. (Note: the plastic from the Senns' box, surrounded by socks and underwear, make great protection for the cans in the suitcase.)

Unfortunately, U.S. Airways lost my suitcase on my flight back to Philadelphia. Doh! At least I had a good answer when I was filling out the lost bag report and the baggage agent asked me, "is there anything in your bag that would allow us to distinguish it from other, similar bags?"

They delivered it to me a day later, after it took an extra trip to and from Boston, so all was well.

Apr 3, 2006 at 2:34 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab

orphsmile.gif

I can totally relate -- I spend nearly as much time deciding what audio to bring with me when I travel as what clothes to bring.

Apr 3, 2006 at 2:35 PM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Febs
Inspired by this thread, I brought my Senns along with me on a business trip last week. (Note: the plastic from the Senns' box, surrounded by socks and underwear, make great protection for the cans in the suitcase.)

Unfortunately, U.S. Airways lost my suitcase on my flight back to Philadelphia. Doh! At least I had a good answer when I was filling out the lost bag report and the baggage agent asked me, "is there anything in your bag that would allow us to distinguish it from other, similar bags?"

They delivered it to me a day later, after it took an extra trip to and from Boston, so all was well.

Ouch!
eek.gif

I never pack audio equipment in checked luggage -- too nervous.

Apr 3, 2006 at 3:14 PM Post #13 of 18
For my 10 day trip to New York about 3 weeks ago I brought my ep630's, px100's and while there I also bought a pair of sr60's...kinda sad actually hehe
but then again the Grados cost half of what they cost here in Finland... I did however buy 2 pairs of Converse sneakers in NY too since I like sneakers and headphones almost as much
biggrin.gif

Apr 3, 2006 at 3:35 PM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by gratefulshrink
Ouch!
eek.gif

I never pack audio equipment in checked luggage -- too nervous.

Actually, I just never check luggage! This flight was the rare exception, as I was flying stand-by on a very full flight, and by the time they cleared me, there was no room left in the overheads, so I had to gate check my bag. You would think that it would be difficult to lose a gate-checked bag, but as I found out, gate-checking it only assures you that they put the bag on the right plane, but not that they take it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back