Just packed for a business trip, and...
Apr 3, 2006 at 3:37 PM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Febs
Actually, I just never check luggage! This flight was the rare exception, as I was flying stand-by on a very full flight, and by the time they cleared me, there was no room left in the overheads, so I had to gate check my bag. You would think that it would be difficult to lose a gate-checked bag, but as I found out, gate-checking it only assures you that they put the bag on the right plane, but not that they take it off.

Double ouch. Another example of Murphy's Law.
icon10.gif

Apr 3, 2006 at 4:49 PM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Febs
Actually, I just never check luggage! This flight was the rare exception, as I was flying stand-by on a very full flight, and by the time they cleared me, there was no room left in the overheads, so I had to gate check my bag. You would think that it would be difficult to lose a gate-checked bag, but as I found out, gate-checking it only assures you that they put the bag on the right plane, but not that they take it off.

I had to gate check my Stax SR-404 and SRM-313 on my last two flights (to and from Washington, DC; I brought the phones so the guys at the high end audio store I work at could hear them), and let me tell you, it sure made me nervous. The American Eagle regional jets are tiny, so my bag wouldn't fit in the overhead. The airline almost managed to lose one of my gate checked bags before, so I was freaking out, since I didn't even have an ID tag on the bag (I thought it would be in the plane with me)! Of course I put an ID on the bag for the return trip.

Luckily it turned out okay and my Stax are safe and sound.

Apr 3, 2006 at 7:52 PM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by tennisets
I had to gate check my Stax SR-404 and SRM-313 on my last two flights (to and from Washington, DC; I brought the phones so the guys at the high end audio store I work at could hear them), and let me tell you, it sure made me nervous. The American Eagle regional jets are tiny, so my bag wouldn't fit in the overhead. The airline almost managed to lose one of my gate checked bags before, so I was freaking out, since I didn't even have an ID tag on the bag (I thought it would be in the plane with me)! Of course I put an ID on the bag for the return trip.

Luckily it turned out okay and my Stax are safe and sound.

You should have just worn one pair, and said your ears hurt when you fly and you need to wear them for medical reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back