Just Ordered My Polk Reference XM Tuner!
Dec 3, 2004 at 5:08 AM Post #31 of 35
After a week with a rental this summer, I think I prefer Sirius for programming. I think the XM equipment is superior and have lusted after the Polk, but the Sirius programming seems better. Does anybody have both? What do you think?

Dec 4, 2004 at 3:52 AM Post #32 of 35
Anyone else read about the upcoming $4K Krell unit?

mainphoto3368.jpg

Dec 5, 2004 at 6:59 AM Post #33 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by sclemmons
After a week with a rental this summer, I think I prefer Sirius for programming. I think the XM equipment is superior and have lusted after the Polk, but the Sirius programming seems better. Does anybody have both? What do you think?

As always, ymmv, but after using a friends car with Sirius while out of town a while back, I had the exact opposite thought. I really missed the programming I get from my XM unit at home. Of course, its all dependent on whats important to you personally in terms of llistening tastes. I will say that XM, imo made a BIG mistake in virtually dropping its wonderful "Live" channel> it was one of the best things it offered, and no one seems to have any idea why they did this.
All in all though, Sirius questionable survival would keep me from even considering it. They have already gone chapter 11 twice, and still have only a fraction of the subscribers that XM has. I truly do hope they stay in business, we consumers need competition in this market, just like any other to keep things honest and evolving.

JC

Dec 5, 2004 at 7:11 AM Post #34 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by bootman
Anyone else read about the upcoming $4K Krell unit?

mainphoto3368.jpg

Well, to be fair, it does happen to have quite a few more things to offer than XM, but still, how cool. AM, FM, Weather, Internet AND XM. Now if only I were wealthy!
frown.gif

JC

Dec 10, 2004 at 3:31 AM Post #35 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfall
All in all though, Sirius questionable survival would keep me from even considering it. They have already gone chapter 11 twice, and still have only a fraction of the subscribers that XM has. I truly do hope they stay in business, we consumers need competition in this market, just like any other to keep things honest and evolving.

Nightfall, I definitely agree the competition is very important, but I also have to side with Sclemmons over programming. It's funny, a month ago Sirius seemed dead in the water. Don't want to give Stern too much credit, the last month seemed the opposite. Karmazin as CEO being the biggest annoucement. With multiple PBS stations and the NFL and more celebrity programmers, Sirius really seems at the very least a contender. A local Circuit City saleman said sales have reversed. So who knows.

XM definitely has the hardware lead though with this Polk and the MyFi. We'll see where things go, but see the other thread for some comments by a Sirius rep (about both parties).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back