Just ordered Munitio 9mm
Jan 9, 2011 at 10:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

eba0922

New Head-Fier
I currently have a pair of UE super.fi 5 Pro and decided I wanted something different and with a built in mic. I stubbled on a couple threads about the munitio and decided I'd go for it. After placing my order through there website I noticed there isnt any contact information or return policy listed. Anybody have any experience with the customer service? 

Jan 10, 2011 at 7:31 PM Post #3 of 16
Hi - You should just email them about the return policy.  Somebody posted on another thread about it... I believe they allow returns within a specified timeframe and charge a small re-stocking fee, pretty typical in terms of policies.

Let me see if I can dig up the post.....

Jan 10, 2011 at 7:34 PM Post #4 of 16
ahh, got it, thank you google!  check out this post: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/528553/dba-02-vs-munitio-teknines#post_7129547

quoting:

We stand behind our products and want to make sure they are in the ears of people who love them. If you buy a pair and for some reason can't live with them we'll take em back within two weeks. Minus a 10% restocking fee and shipping.

There is a one year warranty on the product.

Jan 11, 2011 at 6:23 AM Post #9 of 16
I guess that's about right, I've heard the Munito's were really boomy though. The Turbines Sound Sig is very good for Metal, infact I think out of the headphones I own they are my favorite for the many genre's of metal I listen to. Just saying no other headphone I've heard has done Ayreon or Dream Theater quiet like this.

Jan 11, 2011 at 5:24 PM Post #10 of 16
I don't find the Munitios to be boomy at all.  They have a LOT of bass for sure, but that's different from "boomy" bass which is BAD bass.  It's not flabby and massive without control, and if you EQ a bit to tighten it up it's even better.

I also have A/B'd vs the Monster Turbines (which are an obvious competitor) and like the Munitios a lot better.  I agree with the above -- the Turbines are "brighter" but I found the treble to be a bit harsher.  The Munitios have a "thicker" warmer sound, with better bass (both output and extension) and smoother highs.  And if you think the sound is a bit too congested/thick in the mids (like some have commented) then it's an easy EQ fix.

Jan 11, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #12 of 16
the inline mic works well on the teknines, at least with my droid phone.  my wife did not hear any difference between the mic and the phone.  don't know about outside noise or wind issues, as i used it inside at my desk.  the mic itself is part of the left ear section of cable after the y split.

Jan 12, 2011 at 12:31 PM Post #15 of 16
I would love to hear such a comparison, especially with the Hippo VB's which often get recommended when folks are looking for heavy bass.

Unfortunately never tried any of those myself 
frown.gif
  .... the only other bassy IEM's are the Monster Turbines and the V-Mode Vibe2 (which I thought were terrible)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back