Just ordered Fixup v4 amp
Jan 14, 2003 at 1:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

ToyTrains

New Head-Fier
Well, just placed the order for it. I can hardly wait for it's arrival. Using the line-out from my D-EJ1000 it should sound incredible.

Like others, the digital volume control didn't appeal to me. If it was up/down and remembered it's last setting I would gladly take it. But like someone else stated, that isn't possible with one chip yet. So, I requested the analog control. I have to wonder though, did he make up most of them with the digital control? I have a feeling he's going to get stuck with them, or have to modify them to use the analog pot.

Jan 17, 2003 at 1:30 PM Post #2 of 26
So, I placed the order on Monday evening 1/13. Fixup's site states 1-5 business days for shipment, generally. Does anyone have thoughts on when it may ship? My credit card was charged Monday evening.

Basically, what has the turnaround time been for anyone else that has bought a supermini from Fixup?

I'm hoping to have it for an upcoming trip.

Jan 17, 2003 at 2:46 PM Post #3 of 26
Usually very quick. Ive gotten 2 or 3 orders from him. All got to me within 3 - 4 days of when i thought he was going to send it.

Keep in mind the burn in period. You say it should sound incredible.. Well, the differences (to me anyway) are subtle (althought i havent used the v4). So dont expect some huge change over your amp in your pcdp... It sounds better yes, everything is much more articulate and spacious. Bass is improved much as well. But the difference is not night and day.

Just wanted to give you my 2 cents on that becuase i dont want you to recieve it and be disapointed becuase it didnt flip-flop your sound into bliss. To do something like that you gotta spend a little more money
smily_headphones1.gif
. But no doubt its an improvement...

Jan 17, 2003 at 3:09 PM Post #4 of 26
I realize that an amp by itself won't improve bad sound. I will be using the line-out from my DEJ-1000 which is infinitely superior to the headphone out on this PCDP.

I'm getting this amp strictly for portable use. If it's half as good as what I've read I won't be disappointed.

I mean, the headphone out on the D-EJ1000 is really... really... awful. You need to hear it to appreciate that statement.

Jan 17, 2003 at 10:52 PM Post #5 of 26
Quite frankly, I ordered the amp because the headphone out just doesn't go loud enough... it sounds perfectly adequate but it doesn't go loud at all... I've been using a Boostaroo for the past few months searching for the right amp. Ordered the Fixup Mini, and like you, I can't wait! Should be a wonderful little gimmick.

Jan 18, 2003 at 12:38 AM Post #6 of 26
Trounce
HI: When I first got here I had 2 boostaroos chained together and thought they were great. They gave me lots of power. But then I learned that a amp ant just for volume. That a amp also gives out great sound like fuller sound and great bass plus more volume. I think that you are in for a big surprise when you get the super mini amp. Good luck with it and enjoy like never before.

Jan 19, 2003 at 12:14 AM Post #8 of 26
I ordered an age ago... i'm international order tho so i can wait.. not heard anything back.. he took my money tho
smily_headphones1.gif

What is the deal with the digi control!??! i've gone with that as i didn't know of any probs with it...

I am expecting big things... but we'll see.. it can wait.. i have HD600s, and etymotics.. i ordered the 4S cable along with it ...

how does the digi work then.. if its very crappy i may have to see if i can change to analogue

Jan 19, 2003 at 1:46 AM Post #11 of 26
I got my supermini yesterday and I love it, I got the analouge volume control. It's been burning in for 20 hours or so. I find that it tightens the bass a bit and definitely widens the soundstage. Get this amp folks.
-Mag

Jan 19, 2003 at 9:26 PM Post #12 of 26
im gonna order this amp soon
a few questions:

1.what exactly is digital or analog volume control?
2.how do you "burn-in" an amp?
3.can we purchase the link cable cheaper at radioshack?
smily_headphones1.gif

also, how come some ppl got 20dB gain while others 10?

please write reviews when you get them!

Jan 20, 2003 at 3:39 AM Post #13 of 26
1. digital control adjusts volume incremently at constant dB levels using this button. Push once it goes higher, again higher, all the way till back to the lowest, etc. Analog is a turn knob that you're probably more used to using

2. Just run the amp normally for about 40 hrs, buy lotsa extra aaa batteries for this.

3. yes

Jan 20, 2003 at 8:57 PM Post #14 of 26
Anyone got a link for these amps???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back