Just ordered a Schiit Magni but I think I may have a problem with my soundcard
Mar 12, 2013 at 12:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

seanmcloughlin7

Head-Fier
So I have an Asus Xonar DX soundcard and had an E11 from FiiO as my amp, but I wanted a stronger amp and one that didn't need to be charged all the time. So I heard lots of great things about the schiit magni and ordered one. BUT I was looking at images of it and wondered how I hooked up the DX to the magni, I think I may have made a big mistake as the DX has all 3.5mm headphone jack type connections on it and the magni has an R and L RCA type connection on the back.

So my question is, is it even possible to pair the magni with a Xonar DX? or have I made a huge noob blunder? How do I connect the soundcard to the amp and then the amp to my headphones basically. 

EDIT: oh and my headphones are DT 990 pro 250 ohm

Mar 12, 2013 at 12:58 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
So I have an Asus Xonar DX soundcard and had an E11 from FiiO as my amp, but I wanted a stronger amp and one that didn't need to be charged all the time. So I heard lots of great things about the schiit magni and ordered one. BUT I was looking at images of it and wondered how I hooked up the DX to the magni, I think I may have made a big mistake as the DX has all 3.5mm headphone jack type connections on it and the magni has an R and L RCA type connection on the back.

So my question is, is it even possible to pair the magni with a Xonar DX? or have I made a huge noob blunder? How do I connect the soundcard to the amp and then the amp to my headphones basically. 

EDIT: oh and my headphones are DT 990 pro 250 ohm

a 3.5mm headphone jack to rca adapter cable will work just fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back