Just ordered a pair of $10 Beats Solos
Mar 30, 2012 at 7:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

mrlolftw

Head-Fier
Hey guys, saw these one eBay, and for 10 dollars, just for the fun of it decided to order them. Apparently they are decent fakes, but we'll have to see. Shipping says its 12-21 days, so we'll just have to wait. Ive got some $3 fake Tours, and they sound almost as good as real ones, so these might just not be as awful as theyre price tag is sweet. Shall review them when they arrive.

Buy them here
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/110840553196?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Mar 30, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #3 of 31
Not bad, I've gotten a few pair of Head Phones [Sony MDR v150's]  from those Chinese mega sellers... my only issue with them is they are packed SO TIGHTLY I break the head bands in like 1-2 days xD

Although If I hadn't broken 2 pairs of MDR v150's... in a ROW I'd have never upgraded to nicer cans so xD who knows!

Mar 30, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #4 of 31
ive heard that they have a really thin headband, so lets hope they dont snap in a day!

Mar 30, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #5 of 31
Well just be careful with em... I was late for my Bus and I tripped... and landed on mine so -.-... DONT RUN LATE lol

still if they do break just do what I do... RAGE UPGRADE

Mar 30, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #6 of 31
I've heard the fake Beats Studios as well and they sounded pretty close to the real things, just no noise cancellation.

It helps that the real Beats sound like $10 headphones in the first place...

Mar 30, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #7 of 31
hey i own it, i never tried to review them and i havent listened to them for enough time to review them. ill try doing that now and post my noob impression here. give me an hour or so, guys :)

Mar 30, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #8 of 31

Quote:
hey i own it, i never tried to review them and i havent listened to them for enough time to review them. ill try doing that now and post my noob impression here. give me an hour or so, guys :)

Is this the fake Beats Solos?

Mar 31, 2012 at 1:57 AM Post #10 of 31

This is how the "b" looks. Some people worry it is a "6". You can judge on your own if it looks more like a b or a 6. 

It does not have the "beats by dre" written on the outside of the headband like the real ones do. 

The cable is 2 sided not one sided like the real ones, so if you wear it outside, it can be spotted as fakes fairly easily. 

It does have a gold plated jack.

Build quality: It looks weak and looks like it can be easily broken. I have not broken it yet but I rarely use it and I am often careful with it because it looks like I can break it anytime. These are also fakes, so there is no warranty for breaking it.

Comfort: If you dont like something constantly pressing towards your ears, then these ones are not for you. Otherwise, if not for too long, the comfort issues are not too bad. The pads are soft and fairly soft, the headband is fairly flexible too (don't bend it too much or else you may risk breaking it though).

Accessory: It doesn't come with anything except the box and the headphones.

Disclaimer: Before you read my "Sound Quality" I have to state I am not an audiophile, my ears are nowhere near as good as a lot of people's on here. My impression on the sound quality is purely personal and may differ from what you hear. I also did not do any a/b comparison. I am also tired and did not have good sleep, don't know if that will affect my ability to hear little differences on tracks. This is also by no means a detailed or professional review.

Sound quality: Decent amount of bass, fairly clear mid and treble (for the price, don't compare them to your high end gear), the treble was never harsh. The overall sound signature is fairly neutral, may lean towards the warm side a little bit. May not be extremely detailed but definitely not too bad for the price. Soundstage I would say is ok for the price and for on ear headphone I would guess, the imaging is horrible as expected and probably the worst part of the sound quality.  Below are my little notes to the songs I tested, you don't have to read them. 

Value: For $10, these are not bad, I guess, especially if you want to compare them with the real ones in terms of performance to price ratio. These fakes, however, are not hard to spot the differences. So, just don't go wave them around and you will be fine. 
biggrin.gif

(Artist-Album-Song name)

Eminem -Hell: The Sequel- Fast Lane (320kbps mp3) -The bass is fun however not really overpowering, I can hear the lyrics with no problem. not crystal clear but not muddy or muffled neither, at least not for the price and if you compare it with the real Solos you can demo at best buy...

Eminem -Recovery -W.T.P. (256kbps mp3) -The bass is again funsounding, I can again hear the lyrics with no problem. I did pick up some low level detail but I am not sure if other headphones in the same price range will do better or how it compares with the real Solos. The impression it gives me is it's not really detailed or that has something to do with the sound signature. I feel like if I use my beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro, I can better figure out if I missed anything on the Solos but then it will really make me Solo sound bad if I try to a/b them, so I will leave it as that. 

Eminem -Relapse- Insane (16bit, 44.1kHz Apple Lossless) -There is less bass but I think that is because of the song itself. I think the clarity is slightly improved. The lyrics again, I can hear them with no problem, even easier this time, I think because it is the file is in lossless or it's just the song. 

Adele -21 -Rolling In The Deep (320kbps mp3) -The midrange is fairly clear, you will probably be surprised (I mean it will probably beat your expectation, not surprised as in beating your high end audio gear that kind of surprised). 

Adele -21 -Set Fire To The Rain (320kbps mp3) -The bass makes the song sounds richer, the midrange is again fairly clear, especially for the price. The soundstage is fairly large for on ear headphones, I guess. 

Adele -21 -Lovesong (320kbps mp3) -Midrange is clear, treble is also fairly clear, the nature of the song really improves the imaging of the headphone. On previous songs, the imaging were horrible. On this song, the imaging part is improved by the nature of the song drastically. 

Andain -Summer Calling -Summer Calling (Radio Edit) (16bit, 44.1kHz Apple Lossless) -Fairly clear mid, theres good amount of bass, nothing close to powerful but not nonexistant neither. The separation for different instruments is fairly horrible. Lacks the 3Dness to make it sound like a "trance" song.

Evanescence -Evanescence -Secret Door (16 bit, 44.1kHz Apple Lossless) -Midrange and treble are fairly clear, also lacks the 3Dness. Soundstage is ok and again sound separation is nothing to like about. 

Evanescence -Fallen -Bring Me to Life (16 bit, 44.1kHz Apple Lossless) -Midrange is ok, treble is fairly clear, again lacks the 3Dness. 

Evanescence -Fallen -My Immortal (16 bit, 44.1kHz Apple Lossless) -Midrange and treble are fairly clear again but the sound is not as dynamic and 3D as higher end gear so it lacks the "emotion" that my beyer delivered. I didn't a/b them but that's just based off my memory. Pretty sure but can be wrong though. 

Leona Lewis -Spirit -Bleeding Love (16 bit, 44.1kHz Apple Lossless) -Midrange is fairly clear, especially for the price. It will probably beat most of the 10 dollars headphones, I would think.

Leona Lewis -Spirit -Homeless (16 bit, 44.1kHz Apple Lossless) -Midrange and treble are again fairly clear, at least ok for the price. I have again noticed the imaging again sucks in this song. 

Leona Lewis -Spirit -Take A Bow (16 bit, 44.1kHz Apple Lossless) -Pretty clear midrange and you can hear the bass on this song but its by no means overpowering. 

Leona Lewis -Spirt -I Will Be (16 bit, 44.1kHz Apple Lossless) -Fairly clear midrange again but imaging is again bad. 

Nero -Welcome Reality -This Way (320kbps mp3) -Fake Solo performs pretty well on this track in my own opinion. Decent amount of bass helps make it sound exciting with fairly clear mid. 

Celine Dion -These Are Special Times -Ave Maria (256kbps mp3) -The mid is smooth and fairly clear again, I listened to this song for the high mid mostly because with this song, my Skullcandy Inkd and my Sony MDR E10LP both have harsh high mid when Celine Dion is raising her volume (at fairly high pitch) at one point but the fake Solo did not have harsh high mid. 

Mar 31, 2012 at 2:24 AM Post #12 of 31
I have this fake solo too and it sound surprising very good. It has warm, smooth, pleasant sound from top to bottom, detail is quite good, sound stage is also very good for a closed can. Bass is a bit weak because of poor fitting but have good body, depth, sufficient for almost music . I must say it can compete with every can in its price range.
I also have a 50$ studio fake that sound awful, much worse than the fake solo 
blink.gif

Mar 31, 2012 at 2:26 AM Post #13 of 31

Quote:
I have this fake solo too and it sound surprising very good. It has warm, smooth, pleasant sound from top to bottom, detail is quite good, sound stage is also very good for a closed can. Bass is a bit weak because of poor fitting but have good body, depth, sufficient for almost music . I must say it can compete with every can in its price range.
I also have a 50$ studio fake that sound awful, much worse than the fake solo 
blink.gif

Really? Wow, the fake studios are worse than the solos? 

Mar 31, 2012 at 2:32 AM Post #15 of 31
The face Studios actually only have the wire input on one side and not two sides. It's much harder to spot as a fake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back