Just One: Grateful Dead
Jan 13, 2007 at 6:50 AM Post #18 of 93
"China Cat/Rider." That's one song, isn't it.
biggrin.gif
If not, "Eyes of the World" and a whole bunch of others.

Jan 13, 2007 at 7:05 AM Post #19 of 93
- Deal

Jan 14, 2007 at 2:32 AM Post #21 of 93
Eyes of the World.

Runner up: He's Gone

Jan 14, 2007 at 4:15 AM Post #23 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by beerguy0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Weather Report Suite

I was leaning towards this one too, but I still think I'm gonna have to go with playin' in the band from 5/21/74

Jan 14, 2007 at 8:15 AM Post #24 of 93
I don't really understand the point of the thread. I guess that "Weather Report Suite" is my favourite, and I'm not sure that there's any GD song that I would want to have on permanent repeat but ... maybe "Attics of my Life"?

Jan 17, 2007 at 8:03 PM Post #28 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sordel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't really understand the point of the thread. I guess that "Weather Report Suite" is my favourite, and I'm not sure that there's any GD song that I would want to have on permanent repeat but ... maybe "Attics of my Life"?

None of these threads have much point. Just for fun.
icon10.gif
Nothing more.

Another selection.

"Terrapin Station" (still can't find a good live version though -- the only way to listen to the Dead)

Jan 17, 2007 at 8:34 PM Post #29 of 93
Quote:

"Terrapin Station" (still can't find a good live version though -- the only way to listen to the Dead)

I agree. I've got the original album version, the nondescript version on So Many Roads and some weak live performances from DVDs... given that the Dead reputedly hated the orchestral arrangement on the drums section from the album, you would have thought it would be a priority to get out a better version. That said, "Weather Report Suite" hasn't fared much better: the version on The Grateful Dead Movie Soundtrack is pretty dire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back