Just joined the stello crowd!
Aug 8, 2007 at 1:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

escaflo

Head-Fier
Just got my Stello DA100.

It haven't even been burned in yet but I think it is already fantastic!
wink.gif
Well, before this, I had a Zhaolu D2.5, but it didn't really last long. This is fantastic, compare with Zhaolu, the sound is just so much more musical. Of course I didn't mod the Zhaolu but as I am not a good person with solder I prefer not to touch it in fear of destroying the Zhaolu.

Order it from HiFi500. Service was fantastic and delivery was fast. Ordered it on Monday, got it delivered today, Wednesday, just 2 days. Granted I am staying in Australia, and thus probably helps in the delivery speed a bit.

I am in bliss...
wink.gif

Aug 8, 2007 at 2:49 AM Post #2 of 9
Congrats! Enjoy the new toy.

Aug 8, 2007 at 3:31 AM Post #4 of 9
Congrats! Its a fine DAC & should give you many hours of smiles!

Aug 8, 2007 at 4:20 PM Post #6 of 9
Thanks for the info on the sound quality upgrade. Time for the matching headphone amp?

Aug 8, 2007 at 4:39 PM Post #7 of 9
Just got my thoughts together after having the Stello surprisingly arrived much earlier than I expected.

After a few hours of listening, I can safely say that this is indeed a very worthy upgrade. Actually I've been looking at Stello for a while but haven't had the cash to splurge on the upgrade and I've to say that the wait is worthwhile.

Before Stello, I use to have a Zhaolu D2.5 (not modded) connected via Coaxial to M-Audio Revolution 7.1 and also a small USB SPDIF device.Zhaolu always sounded a little bit lifeless, bright, and very mechanical to me. I tried it with different opamps (don't really know what opamps are those because they were sent to me by the company that sold me Zhaolu) but no matter what, Zhaolu still sound just that little bit lifeless.

Then I bought my Onkyo SE 200. The Onkyo SE 200 sounds much better than the Zhaolu to my ear. Can't say what it is really that makes it sounds so much better but Onkyo just sound so much musical. It just makes listening to music so much enjoyable experience. The Stello build on top of that experience. I've now tried Stello with the USB connection and also via optical out from the Onkyo and all I've to say is, "Wow!". It really sounds so musical and so lively. It is never too bright or too warm for me. Somehow it just sounds like everything is there, right in front of me when I am listening to it.

In case anyone ask, for now, I am leaning more towards a speaker system but I am also slowly building my headphone system as well. Recently just bought a Yuin PK1 and also an iBasso just for my iPod. Probably will concentrate more on my headphone setup after I am satisfy with my speaker setup which I can say, I think I am 99.9% there.

My current setup is:
PC -> Stello (USB or SPDIF) -> Burson Audio Buffer -> Burson Audio Integrated Amplifier -> Dynaudio Audience 52

Not exactly a very high end setup but I am more than a happy camper here.
wink.gif

Aug 8, 2007 at 7:37 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome to the club =]

x2

If nothing else it's a nice input selector.
icon10.gif

Aug 8, 2007 at 8:30 PM Post #9 of 9
I think I'll be joining that club pretty soon too! I just want to hear the GS1000 with the Stello, Apogee and DAC1 to check for synergy but I think the Stello will get the win.

Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back