Just in time for Halloween, chupacabra?
Oct 26, 2004 at 7:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

zbuddah

500+ Head-Fier
shot dead
eek.gif

So what do you guys think? I always thought chupacabra look more like aliens in the drawings but hrm i think thats just some kind of mutated animal.

Oct 27, 2004 at 4:26 AM Post #3 of 11
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, it's probably a mangy dog. I've seen really ugly and weird looking dogs, mostly strays, and some have the overbite and long "fingers", like this creature. Add some mites, or even a hairless dog, and you have your Chupacabra. The necrotic state of the skin could have other causes, by the way, like poisoning, fungal infection and pollution.

Oct 27, 2004 at 5:11 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Onix
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, it's probably a mangy dog. I've seen really ugly and weird looking dogs, mostly strays, and some have the overbite and long "fingers", like this creature. Add some mites, or even a hairless dog, and you have your Chupacabra. The necrotic state of the skin could have other causes, by the way, like poisoning, fungal infection and pollution.

The odd length of the front legs seems very unusual to me and seems to point against it being a regular dog.

My vote goes to the dog/coyote mix gone bad...ie. it could be a minor subspecies that looks different because of an unfortunate cross of genes that cause such irregular features. Who knows though.

Oct 27, 2004 at 5:47 AM Post #5 of 11
Jesus! That's a whole new breed! Yes, at first, Onix, I thought it was a mangy dog, too. There's a whole breed of dog from Thailand that looks just like that. They lose their hair, partly for heat reasons. But Stromie is right! Those front legs definitely have a marsupial look! This is fascinating! Bigger new that it's being currently reported.

Look at the photos on this link

http://woai.com/news/local/story.asp...4-9097690cdefc

Tell me that's unmistakebly canine. Not!

Oct 27, 2004 at 5:52 AM Post #6 of 11
Thanks for ruining my night, guys. That thing's gonna keep me awake.

Oct 27, 2004 at 9:00 AM Post #7 of 11
The legs are not short enougth to look really marsupial. I am still betting on a canidae. But if it's a new species, it's one with a lot of problems, it seems. Keep in mind that the skin is necrotic, and that seems the least of the problems for this animals. By the way, here's a link for a similar case that happened in the U.K., with a very mundane explanation.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/3757934.stm

Nov 4, 2007 at 2:43 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haven't you already reply the more recent 2007 tread?
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...39#post3409639

Why dig up 2004 thread. Long death thread.

Some people might be subscribed to this one and not the other though. In all truth, I searched for "chupacabra" and saw the last posts in both threads, both threads still kind of waiting for clarification or final resolution, so decided to post the link on both. Didn't really check the dates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back