Just how much would a better amp improve my HD 650s?
Jul 12, 2012 at 2:44 AM Post #151 of 156
OP has had numerous headphones/amps suggested. I think he's in a very stuck state. Get to a hifi shop or a meet! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 12, 2012 at 3:49 AM Post #152 of 156
OP has had numerous headphones/amps suggested. I think he's in a very stuck state. Get to a hifi shop or a meet! :bigsmile_face:

Arggg. Yeah...I'm trying to decide between a Mjolnir with a balanced recable or getting Mad Dogs (Fostex Mod). I don't know what would create the biggest pleasant difference.

Jul 12, 2012 at 5:18 AM Post #154 of 156
Quote:
Arggg. Yeah...I'm trying to decide between a Mjolnir with a balanced recable or getting Mad Dogs (Fostex Mod). I don't know what would create the biggest pleasant difference.

The Mad Dogs goes great with this:  I should know, I have both..
biggrin.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/618133/black-headamp-gs-1-w-dact-attenuator-mint-condition#post_8525592

Jul 12, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #155 of 156
Quote:

Headphones usually do yield the biggest difference. But I've also wanted my Mad Dog balanced since the beginning. 
frown.gif

Jul 12, 2012 at 4:59 PM Post #156 of 156
Ok....go with the little dot mk3 tube amp, and either the blue dragon v3, or silver dragon v3...and listen to CDs, as they are superior to mp3, or anything with lesser bit rate...that's my response...I do own the hd650's, and really love my setup :) happy trails!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back