Just how dumb are people in this country
Nov 13, 2006 at 2:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

JahJahBinks

Headphoneus Supremus
I heard on the news today that a person from Wisconsin tried to use a $20 counterfeit bill to buy cigarettes and beers from a local gas station, but the person ends up facing felony charge because the bill was not made two sided.

Nov 13, 2006 at 2:41 PM Post #2 of 17
I'm sure there are stupid people in every country, we're not so special.
tongue.gif

Nov 13, 2006 at 3:50 PM Post #4 of 17
There are definitely a lot of stupid people around. Just read the news. (Apparently these people never read or watch the news, or they wouldn't do many of the things they do.)

FWIW, I think passing counterfeit currency is always a felony. One sided counterfeit currency is a new level of stupidity, though.

Nov 13, 2006 at 4:42 PM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahBinks
I heard on the news today that a person from Wisconsin tried to use a $20 counterfeit bill to buy cigarettes and beers from a local gas station, but the person ends up facing felony charge because the bill was not made two sided.

what can you do. This country seems to have the smartest and the dumbest all in the land of the brave.

Nov 13, 2006 at 4:44 PM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by beerguy0
There are definitely a lot of stupid people around. Just read the news. (Apparently these people never read or watch the news, or they wouldn't do many of the things they do.)

FWIW, I think passing counterfeit currency is always a felony. One sided counterfeit currency is a new level of stupidity, though.

counterfeit is a federal offense and is investigated by the US secret service and are tried at the federal courts.

Nov 13, 2006 at 5:21 PM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

but the person ends up facing felony charge because the bill was not made two sided.

His lawyers should be able to get his sentence reduced by half then.

Nov 13, 2006 at 5:23 PM Post #10 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant
His lawyers should be able to get his sentence reduced by half then.

*ba-dum, ching*

Nov 13, 2006 at 7:32 PM Post #12 of 17
I have a better story:

I know of a man (I can't say where he worked) who, about 10 years ago, used a color printer/copier to make copies of $20 bills. He then took these fake $20's to a local (ahem...uh...) gentlemen's club, shall we say.

Well, as you can imagine, he was the most popular guy in the place that night. So what does this dim bulb do the next day? He goes BACK to one of the same clubs he was at the night before. My understanding is that he was arrested at the hospital.

It's a funny story, but what isn't funny is what happened to his employer afterwards. The moral: don't screw with the Department of Treasury or the Secret Service.

Nov 13, 2006 at 8:35 PM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahBinks

No. Subconsciously he wanted to get caught..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back