Just got the NuForce NE-700X, but the left earphone cord seems "loose"...
Jan 20, 2011 at 12:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Ravenous

100+ Head-Fier
I got my pair of 700x's in the mail yesterday and while the sound is phenomenal, I am a little uneasy at the fact that the end of the left earphone cable that connects directly to the earphone is "loose". What I mean by that is that I am able to move the cord up and down inside the earphone. The right earphone cord doesn't have this problem though, it stays securely in place like it should. Could this be a defect on my 700x's, or is it supposed to be like this?

Jan 20, 2011 at 12:52 PM Post #2 of 6
The cable moving back and forth is one thing, but up and down within the housing is probably some loose glue in the relief flange.  You might contact the Nuforce customer support about that -- they may send you a replacement set.

Jan 21, 2011 at 1:41 AM Post #3 of 6
Thanks, I contacted Nuforce last night and I'm still waiting for a reply. Do you think they'd send a replacement first? I'd hate to be without my music for 2 weeks.
etysmile.gif

Jan 21, 2011 at 1:42 PM Post #4 of 6
I actually contacted them 4 days ago about this and am yet to receive a reply... Should I go ahead and create a support ticket on their website?

Nov 18, 2011 at 5:58 AM Post #5 of 6
I don't have the exact issue but it's related somewhat.  Before I get into that I want to say I am very happy with the sound of these IEMs especially considering the price.  I purchased them with a FiiO E11 and a month later I got a Pico Portable amp/DAC.  The sound, obviously, is far superior with the Pico and with the E11 they still sound tremendous.  OK, here's the issue - after 2 weeks the right channel bass blew up and went to industrial mud.  The weird thing is that they were sounding great when I turned them off.  Also, I don't push them really hard.  I like loud but not LOUD.  I know that's subjective but, for instance, with the Walkman at one click below max and the E11 at 5-7 is my normal volume.  I was disappointed but they were promptly replaced by NuForce through Amazon.  They sent the replacement first with a return postage taken care of.  That's customer service.  Now, here's where it gets sad - the second pair is failing on me in a different way.  This time it's the plug.  I can only get complete sound out of both channels if I sacrifice a Smurf and hold my tongue just right.  I've not been hard on them though I'm sure I have unplugged them a few times by pulling on the cable rather than by holding the metal portion.  Either way, I've never had a pair of phones fail in this manner before.  I'm really questioning NuForce's build quality.  I haven't decided yet if I want them to replace or refund yet.  I am planning on getting a set of Sennheiser ie8s next month and was going to use the NE-700x/FiiO/Walkman for hiking, cycling etc and keep the Senn/Pico/Cowan setup in the house.

Have any of you experienced quality issues from NuForce?  If I decide to get a refund I'll need to replace them with something else for outdoors.  What tends to have a similar sound signature?  The big bass on the NE-700s I like with the music I tend to use for hiking/cycling motivation.  I think on the replacement pair I am not opposed to paying up to $150 though I may , if they seem sturdy just use the ie8s or buy a second set since I found them for $199! 

Any input, advice, etc. will be appreciated.

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back