Just got the Beyerdynamic DT 770, is it me or are they a bit too hot and warm on my ears?
Jun 23, 2013 at 9:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

TsKen

100+ Head-Fier
Not sure if i am the only one that has this problem...

but it's a bit too tight and it feels hot around my ear if i wear for 1 hour or more.

Is it just me?

I thought beyerdynamic Dt 770 is famed for comfort.

the M50 hurts because they are uncomfortable, but now the DT 770 hurts because its too warm and tight.

what can i do to fix this?

should i just try a new headphone?

Jun 23, 2013 at 10:13 PM Post #2 of 5
Take a few books, about the width of your head (but not a lot wider). Put the DT770s over them and leave over night/a day or two. That should loosen them up a little.

Can't say anything about the warmth part. I find that the M50s made my ears sweat a little more than the DT770s. Probably more of a personal comfort thing difference.

Jun 23, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #3 of 5
Which dt 770s do you have? If it's the anniversity version, then the ear-pads are leather which may make your ears hot. If you have the Pros, you may just not like the velour material. The 770s are expected to clamp a little but you can stretch them out a bit if you want. 

Jun 24, 2013 at 3:26 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
Take a few books, about the width of your head (but not a lot wider). Put the DT770s over them and leave over night/a day or two. That should loosen them up a little.

Can't say anything about the warmth part. I find that the M50s made my ears sweat a little more than the DT770s. Probably more of a personal comfort thing difference.

This, or store them always on a couple books instead of totally shut, but they are always a little warm being totally sealed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back