Just got some TF10's, what's the next step?
May 28, 2014 at 4:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

PETEREK

Member of the Trade: ThePETEREK on Etsy
Previously known as cCasper TFG
Ok, I literally just got these today and actually have a 2nd pair on the way (saw an awesome deal on them and couldn't stop myself from snagging them for a backup).
The sound signature is nice, great for my EDM music, but I am missing my mids! I don't know why they would go 2 low 1 high and just leave the mid section unclaimed. Huge bummer. The sound is good, and the mids are still there, just buried behind the low end. 

The reason for me starting this thread is; what's the next step from here? I have had a Westone 4 but didn't really like the signature I was hearing. It may have been because I didn't have a vast array of different headphones to cover my different genres like I do now. The separation with the W4 was awesome though, I will give them that. I don't hear quite that much separation with the TF10. 

Anyway, I want to know whether it would be a good idea to just sell the 2nd pair (and the GR07 I have on the way) to help fund getting the first pair reshelled by UM and have an extra driver added for the mids or if it would be a better idea (financially, and SQ wise alike) to get something else and have it reshelled. I want some CIEMs badly, that's why I got the TF10 to begin with.

So, (and I'm assuming) I will get somewhere around $220-240 between selling the GR07 and TF10 and can pay the remainder to have the other pair of my TF10s reshelled and have a driver added through UM.

OR

I can sell both TF10's (one including a Chris Himself Carbide Hybrid cable) and the GR07 and get somewhere around...$360-380? (All assumptions) to put towards something else and will be willing to add about $100 on top of that (480 max total). 
In this case I would be going through InEarz (Fischer) for reshelling. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back