Just got Senn HD650s and Corda Move
Aug 23, 2007 at 6:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Varcharz

Head-Fier
Wow.

The Move is my first headamp and wow does it ever make a difference. Even with my Ety ER-4Ps which are supposed to be low impedance, they sound so much better through the move.

I also have a pair of SR60s and they sound markedly better out of the amp.

I don't have a finely tuned ear like some of you around these parts but wow...

Aug 23, 2007 at 11:10 PM Post #3 of 21
I'm using it USB out of my laptop only because I don't have batteries yet or a chance to find the correct AC adaptor.

Aug 23, 2007 at 11:30 PM Post #4 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Varcharz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm using it USB out of my laptop only because I don't have batteries yet or a chance to find the correct AC adaptor.

This is one very fine ability/bonus of the Move that won me over: its ability to work as a convenient USB DAC/amp, along with being able to be powered via USB.

You made a good choice.
wink.gif

Aug 24, 2007 at 12:57 AM Post #5 of 21
i'm glad your 650s sound good with the move -- my 600s sound great.

Aug 24, 2007 at 1:00 AM Post #6 of 21
What I can't get over is how good the ER-4Ps sounded...

I was worried that I wouldn't really feel the bang for my buck over the SR60s but I shouldn't have been, the Senns have an amazing feel and I'm loving them.

I was also worried because a lot of people said they aren't really rock cans, but they sound great with the rock I listen to, so I'm not complaining.

Aug 24, 2007 at 1:02 AM Post #7 of 21
Quote:

When you get the batteries or a 12v adapter, you will find the 650s will sound better than just the 5v USB. The Move doesn't have gobs of power to drive the Senns to high volumes, and benefit from the higher voltage sources.

BTW, be sure and get a regulated 12v at no more than 500mA.

Aug 24, 2007 at 5:45 AM Post #9 of 21
^ Best place to find something like that? A Google search was uneventful. I was planning on just heading down to RadioShack with the Move instruction manual and letting them help me but... ?

Aug 25, 2007 at 10:19 AM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

^ Best place to find something like that? A Google search was uneventful. I was planning on just heading down to RadioShack with the Move instruction manual and letting them help me but... ?

I wasn't sure if the Radio Shack variants were linear regulated or not - their documentation on the website didn't say (at least, from what I could find).

For the Elpac wall warts, you can go to their website, click "Product inventory" and place the model number in the search field. Click the button to search will return links to online retailers, with how many of those items they have in stock for sale. I got my version of this wall wart for the Porta Corda MkIII in this fashion (WM080-1950-760).

Hmm, looks as if they aren't showing the 12V model number I offered as being in stock anywhere. Sorry, my bad for not looking up its availability ahead of time.

Allied shows it on their website, but it seems to be out of stock.

They have some other Elpac wall warts in stock, but they all seem to put out more than .5A.

How about this part (it appears in stock)?

- wader

Aug 25, 2007 at 1:53 PM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by wader /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wasn't sure if the Radio Shack variants were linear regulated or not - their documentation on the website didn't say (at least, from what I could find).

For the Elpac wall warts, you can go to their website, click "Product inventory" and place the model number in the search field. Click the button to search will return links to online retailers, with how many of those items they have in stock for sale. I got my version of this wall wart for the Porta Corda MkIII in this fashion (WM080-1950-760).

Hmm, looks as if they aren't showing the 12V model number I offered as being in stock anywhere. Sorry, my bad for not looking up its availability ahead of time.

Allied shows it on their website, but it seems to be out of stock.

They have some other Elpac wall warts in stock, but they all seem to put out more than .5A.

How about this part (it appears in stock)?

- wader

how about a Jameco PS

Aug 25, 2007 at 3:26 PM Post #12 of 21
Good to hear you enjoy the sound with your HD650 and Move. However, I believe there is synergy issue of this combination. Let me know one day if you started to think improving it. :)

Aug 25, 2007 at 5:57 PM Post #14 of 21
I wonder if everything sounds better because you had the volume on the amp turned up louder than your normally would have otherwise... I can't believe it would have that much of an effect on the headphone's frequency response or other characteristics.

Aug 25, 2007 at 6:37 PM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by wader /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like a good suggestion.

- wader

yep, I have a 24v version, It's cheep and very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back