Just got my sr60s, wow!
Apr 13, 2007 at 12:46 AM Post #17 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by epaludo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought that SR-60's would be my most expensive headphone experience. How wrong was i.

Uggh yeah I remember thinking this when I got my SR60's. They were my first upgrade from my ibuds, and I loved them and thought, who would need more than this? The SR60 is one of those buy them and run away from headfi forever headphones.

Apr 13, 2007 at 1:23 AM Post #18 of 36
That's the problem with the SR60s - they're lifers... if you can hold back on the upgrade. I actually started with the SR225, added the SR60, sold the 225 to fund a closed portable and landed a really nice pair of RS-1s used.

As it stands, the SR60s are gone. Try to hold on to them dude. Try to forget just how much better that sound tightens up as you climb the Grado ladder.

I'm not helping!
icon10.gif

And that electric guitar, eh? What BITE!!!

Apr 13, 2007 at 1:26 AM Post #19 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetAdeline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The SR60 is one of those buy them and run away from headfi forever headphones.

Too late for me; I've seen the woodie Grados and must, eventually, have one suspended above my walnut-finished ol' Pioneer SX-1280. Especially after what I've heard about them. Four or five hundred bucks for the RS-2's isn't but a month or two's savings depending on what else is on the menu, and once they're basking in its warm glow you'll witness my resolve. Or not, since at that point I'd probably better stop browsing this board.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 13, 2007 at 1:30 AM Post #20 of 36
Hey - I just got mine today too and am also amazed at the comfort. The SQ straight out of the box amazed me as well. These are the perfect compliment to my HD580s because I can use them without an amp and they do hard rock REALLY well. My HD580s, which always amaze me, are strictly driven by my Onkyo recevier.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ywd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The very first thing i noticed was the comfort. I don't see how anyone can possibly say that these are uncomfortable. The stock foam pads cover my ears well and don't clamp too much, but they still feel quite stable, and i can really forget i am wearing them. I guess all the complaints are mostly about the bowl or flat pads.
Out of the box, they sound quite comparable to my stock ksc75s with ~100 hours on them. I would really like to see how they fare after burn in. I noticed that they are extremely open also, very much more than my ksc75. I can hear them clearly several feet from my head. Also, if you cover the grate with your hand, the SQ goes to hell.
They feel very durable, like they will last years, and i have heard that grado has amazing customer service.

I don't want to say much about sound quality until they are burned-in.

Apr 13, 2007 at 2:04 AM Post #21 of 36
Congrats. I'm a newbie to the SR60 too and also a Grado newbie as well. I also just got the SR60 a few weeks ago and I love it.

The Grado SR60 is an amazing headphone and should be more main stream. It's a great can and here's why:

It's basically an affordable headphone and the sound is so good for an iPod type of headphone. I know most people out there are not really into headphones but this is the one headphone that the average person worldwide should have. The sound is so good and it is so versatile. You can plug it into your iPod or stereo reciever and enjoy anywhere anytime. It's amazing and you don't even need an amp!

This headphone is god send and affordable. It's THE fundamental headphone. More people should know about the SR60 because of it's performance and relatively low price.

It's basically the only headphone you need for the rest of your life actually. Everything else in the Head fi world is just extra gravy.

Apr 13, 2007 at 2:10 AM Post #22 of 36
Welcome to the club! I too find them to be extremely comfy. Give 'em a good pink noise burn-in, it will further distance them from your KSC75s. Out of the box I could hardly tell the difference save for a few tracks, but now the difference is very noticable. (Not to say the KSCs aren't amazing of course
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Apr 13, 2007 at 9:26 AM Post #24 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by ywd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do not have an amp, and do not have the money to buy one. If i did, however, i would probably end up buying CDs instead.

You can find a decent cheep CMoy on the Amp FS/BST board for probably about $30 USD.

Apr 13, 2007 at 12:21 PM Post #26 of 36
first, congratulations, buddy! hopefully the curse does not affect you
tongue.gif

and,sorry to hijack, but just a quick question: is the bowl or flats called the L cush or the S cush? the grado dealer here names the cushions as L cush and the S cush.. which is which? thanks guys! the curse hit me and i just ordered an ms1 hehe
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 14, 2007 at 8:16 PM Post #28 of 36
I've also got sr-60's, got them from glendaleviper. Haven't even gotten them for 3 days and already I'm wondering on how to get the best out of them with a amp or something. But I'm always wondering what to do buy an amp first or use the sr-60's at home and buy a better grado for home.

Apr 14, 2007 at 8:56 PM Post #29 of 36
Apr 14, 2007 at 9:58 PM Post #30 of 36
as the SR-60 comes with comfies, will the flat pads make that big a difference? I know they sound very differently than bowls, but the flat pads/HD414/comfy pads look much more alike...

besides, lots of ppl (including me) actually like the bowls, so not everyone needs the flat pads. To find out if they are your taste (when your grado/alessandro phones use bowls), I would actually recommend getting ($4) HD414 pads and quarter modding them. If you like that more than bowls, perhaps the flats are your thing... if you don't, don't bother with flats either

Users who are viewing this thread

Back