Just got my sr60s, wow!
Apr 12, 2007 at 8:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

ywd

100+ Head-Fier
The very first thing i noticed was the comfort. I don't see how anyone can possibly say that these are uncomfortable. The stock foam pads cover my ears well and don't clamp too much, but they still feel quite stable, and i can really forget i am wearing them. I guess all the complaints are mostly about the bowl or flat pads.
Out of the box, they sound quite comparable to my stock ksc75s with ~100 hours on them. I would really like to see how they fare after burn in. I noticed that they are extremely open also, very much more than my ksc75. I can hear them clearly several feet from my head. Also, if you cover the grate with your hand, the SQ goes to hell.
They feel very durable, like they will last years, and i have heard that grado has amazing customer service.

I don't want to say much about sound quality until they are burned-in.

Apr 12, 2007 at 8:29 PM Post #2 of 36
Congrats!
icon10.gif

Apr 12, 2007 at 9:08 PM Post #4 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by geardoc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are great. My #1 foot tapping headphone.

Now I'm wondering if there is a difference between the foam pads and flat pads. I thought they were the same.

There not called foam pads I think he ment were comfy pads from user reviews there not said to be good. I recommend bowls or flats from the reviews

Apr 12, 2007 at 9:32 PM Post #5 of 36
Yep, bowls or flats will sound better, but it's a denser foam and that's where the comfort complaints seem to come from. If you can handle the comfort, though, it's an excellent and cheap upgrade.

Apr 12, 2007 at 9:38 PM Post #7 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Glad you are enjoying. Im wondering how long before the RS1s show up on your doorstep
rs1smile.gif

Lol, not gonna happen, at least not for ten years. (Unless they reduce the price to <$100)

Apr 12, 2007 at 9:44 PM Post #8 of 36
Congrats on your Grados! I liked mine initially, but also noticed an improvement with mine post-break in, and then again after swapping to bowls from the stock comfies. The uncovered driver produces clearer sound to my ears. Believe it or not, I also prefer the comfort of the bowls, even new. Enjoy!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 12, 2007 at 10:00 PM Post #9 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaurusman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Believe it or not, I also prefer the comfort of the bowls, even new. Enjoy!
smily_headphones1.gif

It's a small club, man. Welcome! I actually found the comfies, while very soft, felt too detached from my head - like they were floating. Didn't like that one bit.

Apr 12, 2007 at 10:36 PM Post #10 of 36
I love the SR-60's.
Happy listening.
Have you tried than amped already?
I thought that SR-60's would be my most expensive headphone experience. How wrong was i. I became a head-fi member and things start going on ...
The SR-60 is a keeper for me.

Apr 12, 2007 at 10:47 PM Post #11 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by epaludo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love the SR-60's.
Happy listening.
Have you tried than amped already?
I thought that SR-60's would be my most expensive headphone experience. How wrong was i. I became a head-fi member and things start going on ...
The SR-60 is a keeper for me.

I do not have an amp, and do not have the money to buy one. If i did, however, i would probably end up buying CDs instead.

Apr 12, 2007 at 10:53 PM Post #12 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by ywd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do not have an amp, and do not have the money to buy one. If i did, however, i would probably end up buying CDs instead.

great way to spend the money
biggrin.gif

Apr 12, 2007 at 11:02 PM Post #13 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a small club, man. Welcome! I actually found the comfies, while very soft, felt too detached from my head - like they were floating. Didn't like that one bit.

Those pads make my ears hot, so bowls are really "comfy" for me. Plus I like having a bit more distance from the driver.

Congrats on the SR-60s. Enjoy that sweet Grado sound!

Apr 12, 2007 at 11:11 PM Post #14 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i'm in. the bowls got a lot comfier after my juices set in!

Apr 12, 2007 at 11:30 PM Post #15 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by ywd /img/forum/go_quote.gif

biggrin.gif

Nice reply. I'm a CD buyer also now that i bought my CD player.
When you can just give a try to listen the Grado amped. And when you get money, the PAV2V2 sell for $60 shipped ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back