JUST GOT MY SET OF HD600s
Feb 13, 2008 at 7:13 AM Post #16 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They scale up extremely well with different amps. I just tried my HD-600s out of the HeadSix, and though it sounds OK, they do get a lot better with a desktop amp.

well i ben thinking about getting a desktop amp but i have one lil problem... i don't have a desk lol. i have a laptop a bed and a dressor with my wii and xbox 360 on it. hmmm i have a big vacuum box i use as a make shift desk so i guess i could put it on there. its right next to my bed too so maybe. i was thinking about getting a little dot as they work well with sennheisers. that will probably be my next upgrade.

Feb 13, 2008 at 7:08 PM Post #18 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by AgainstTheGrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well i ben thinking about getting a desktop amp but i have one lil problem... i don't have a desk lol. i have a laptop a bed and a dressor with my wii and xbox 360 on it. hmmm i have a big vacuum box i use as a make shift desk so i guess i could put it on there. its right next to my bed too so maybe. i was thinking about getting a little dot as they work well with sennheisers. that will probably be my next upgrade.

Don't forget a kitchen table. Those are nice to have too.

Feb 13, 2008 at 11:31 PM Post #19 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't forget a kitchen table. Those are nice to have too.

nah i want my own private space in my room. the kitchen table to too big to fit in my room besides i think my mom would be a lil pissed to come home a find her prized kitchen table in my room with an amp on it.

Feb 14, 2008 at 4:14 AM Post #20 of 45
I got in on the same deal as AgainstTheGrain, and got mine today too. Mine came with a slightly flakey headphone cable (left channel drops out if you bend the cable near the headphone connector), but considering the price, I just ordered an hd650 cable from Sennheiser

I think amazon may have only had two sets of referbs, funny that they both ended up with head-fi'ers. When I first saw them last week, there were two listings from amazon in the used/refurbished section, and now there are none.

I'm trying to decide if I'll be able to use these at the office or not. I'm afraid they leak too much sound, but after listening for a while, I'm not sure I can go back to my HD-280's.

nine

Feb 14, 2008 at 6:39 AM Post #21 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by nine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got in on the same deal as AgainstTheGrain, and got mine today too. Mine came with a slightly flakey headphone cable (left channel drops out if you bend the cable near the headphone connector), but considering the price, I just ordered an hd650 cable from Sennheiser

I think amazon may have only had two sets of referbs, funny that they both ended up with head-fi'ers. When I first saw them last week, there were two listings from amazon in the used/refurbished section, and now there are none.

I'm trying to decide if I'll be able to use these at the office or not. I'm afraid they leak too much sound, but after listening for a while, I'm not sure I can go back to my HD-280's.

nine

good job man. well i had nothing wrong with the phones or cables. which i'm grateful for. but for that price you really couldn't do wrong. no way you can use these in an office ... they leak way too much sound. i ordered my 650 able as well but daymit i didn't order the 3.5 adapter so i gotta wait for the adapter to ship as well. or just find one at radioshack or somethin.

Any good deals online have to go to Head-Fi'ers first... It's like a secret code or something like The Stone Cutters lol

Feb 14, 2008 at 6:59 AM Post #22 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by nine /img/forum/go_quote.gif

nine

You could get the Headphile closed woodies mod.

[EDIT] This was a pretty uneventful 2000th post for me.

Feb 14, 2008 at 8:35 AM Post #24 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You could get the Headphile closed woodies mod.

[EDIT] This was a pretty uneventful 2000th post for me.

why would you want to convert them to closed? won't that completely change the sound of the phones?

Feb 14, 2008 at 12:35 PM Post #25 of 45
Yes it would, but we all know we have our own poisons
biggrin.gif

. . . and why haven't we congratulated HeadphoneAddict on the 2000th post?! Congratulations. Now take a break and go outside!

Feb 14, 2008 at 12:49 PM Post #26 of 45
you sir own a set of headphones that most all other headphones are based off of. Senn 600 are the headphone of Headphones, even pricey r10 or he90's won't hold a stick in a "who is used by who and how much" comparison.

the 600's are also the toughest set of cans one could get, try to blow them with a headphone amp and you may find it a bit of a challenge.

connect them to a big time source with a big time amp and you shall hear them change and open up a Garden of sonic Eden. use them in the Studio for mastering or other duties to lay down a multimillion dollar album, but no matter what you do understand there is no and never will be another headphone the HD600 is...Even Sennheiser can't beat it themselves..

Congrats!

Feb 15, 2008 at 5:47 AM Post #27 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you sir own a set of headphones that most all other headphones are based off of. Senn 600 are the headphone of Headphones, even pricey r10 or he90's won't hold a stick in a "who is used by who and how much" comparison.

the 600's are also the toughest set of cans one could get, try to blow them with a headphone amp and you may find it a bit of a challenge.

connect them to a big time source with a big time amp and you shall hear them change and open up a Garden of sonic Eden. use them in the Studio for mastering or other duties to lay down a multimillion dollar album, but no matter what you do understand there is no and never will be another headphone the HD600 is...Even Sennheiser can't beat it themselves..

Congrats!

daym u make me want to stand and applaud. you should be a motivational speaker or somethin. i'm slowly starting to like the HD600 better than my DT770s which is blasphemy lol.

my senns still have that fresh new headphone smell. like a new car but weirder lol.

Feb 15, 2008 at 6:40 AM Post #28 of 45
OP: Grab an acoustic record and try it with HD600 - much better than DT770 =]

Feb 15, 2008 at 6:42 AM Post #29 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by AgainstTheGrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
good job man. well i had nothing wrong with the phones or cables. which i'm grateful for. but for that price you really couldn't do wrong. no way you can use these in an office ... they leak way too much sound. i ordered my 650 able as well but daymit i didn't order the 3.5 adapter so i gotta wait for the adapter to ship as well. or just find one at radioshack or somethin.
Any good deals online have to go to Head-Fi'ers first... It's like a secret code or something like The Stone Cutters lol

Dude. The plug of that cable comes off, and under it sits a nice 3.5 plug.

Edit: Take that back...thats HD600 not 650 cable :-/

Feb 15, 2008 at 6:51 AM Post #30 of 45
How do they interface with an amp? Can you connect them directly to the posts on an audiophile amp?

I would love to try a pair with my Bryston 3B ST. I use the 590s now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back