JUST GOT MY SET OF HD600s
Feb 13, 2008 at 5:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 45

AgainstTheGrain

500+ Head-Fier
got a bangin deal over at amazon on a set of refurbs. two day shipping and it got here in one
biggrin.gif
. out of the box i like my dt770s better. i mean these are literally minutes old so i'ma have them burn in for a day or so. my headsix seems to be driving them just fine. i have to turn the volume knob further to max than i do with my 770s but still it isnt maxed out. my beyers are def more comfortable albeit a lil heavier and bigger. so far i'm not that impressed with them given their hefty price tag. but then again i wasn't that much of a fan of my beyers out the box either. so my opinion will probably change later on in the week.

I have the hd650 cable in the mail already along with a fresh LOD for my ipod too. that means i'll have my HD600s with the hd650 recable, DT770s, Headsix, LOD, and se530s on the way. and to think b4 head-fi i was using regular sony buds.

DAYM YOU HEAD-FI!!!!

Feb 13, 2008 at 5:19 AM Post #3 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How much?

total was exactly $209.84 including shipping which i got for free.

Feb 13, 2008 at 5:23 AM Post #4 of 45
good thing i like about ordering stuff at amazon is that one of their major warehouses is located in Jersey City so shipping is always super fast for me
biggrin.gif
... well anyone in the north jersey area really.

Feb 13, 2008 at 5:32 AM Post #5 of 45
hey i just noticed something. why the HELL do these say "Made In Ireland"? i thought senns were made in germany. my beyers say made in germany... what's the deal Senneheiser?

Feb 13, 2008 at 5:36 AM Post #6 of 45
always good to hear impressions/comparisons to other cans, would like to see more as they burn-in.

Feb 13, 2008 at 5:48 AM Post #7 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by AgainstTheGrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey i just noticed something. why the HELL do these say "Made In Ireland"? i thought senns were made in germany. my beyers say made in germany... what's the deal Senneheiser?

I think the headband is made in Ireland. It said that on my HD650's too.

Feb 13, 2008 at 5:53 AM Post #8 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnanderson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the headband is made in Ireland. It said that on my HD650's too.

well i just read the lil packet that came with them and apparently sennheiser has 3 major production factories: Germany, Ireland, and America. so i guess that answers my original question.

seems like after only bout an hour they already are starting to sound better. either that or my ears are starting to get used to their sound. the bass is WAY better in my DT770s but then again that is like a given with most headphones lol. straight out the box these things were harsh at first. still a lil rough around the edges and this hiss from my ipod is annoying. i can't wait til my LOD arrives so that problem can be remedied.

Feb 13, 2008 at 6:08 AM Post #10 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aren't the HD600 high impedance? Interesting that there would be a hiss from the iPod..

yeah they're 300 ohms. but i heard the same hiss through my 770s and 530s with are both 80 and 32 ohms respectively.

i'm hoping the LOD will remedy that.

Feb 13, 2008 at 6:23 AM Post #12 of 45
nice score on the HD600. They're OOS from Amazon right now

Feb 13, 2008 at 6:28 AM Post #13 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, a LOD/amp removes the hiss when I use IEMs, but I don't think I hear a hiss when I plug my SR225 (32 ohms) into my iPod. I imagine that those HD600 will improve greatly with a LOD/amp.

well my LOD is on the way. i wouldn't dare to listen to the HD600s without my headsix. matter of fact i'm never listening to my music without an amp again. it's kind of sad that i've gotten so used to the comfort of high end phones that putting on cheap phones hurts my head/ears.

btw how long does it take for the 600s to burn in? i got them in a cabinet in my bathroom with the door closed burning in with all my flac audio on replay which is about 100 songs. the music ranges from rock to r&b to rap a pretty good range to burn in. btw i have a bathroom in my room lol. i couldn't leave them in my dresser cuz they're too loud...i can still hear them though the bathroom and cabinet door. daym open cans leak like hell lol. my 770s i stuffed in my dresser pressed together and didnt hear a peep outta em. but i didn't have an amp during the time i first got my 770s back in around november.

Feb 13, 2008 at 6:37 AM Post #14 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by kamal007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nice score on the HD600. They're OOS from Amazon right now

yeah when i saw the price on those my jaw dropped. i had to jump on those asap. the note said that it was refurbed cuz the box was opened and slightly damaged so they just gave it a new box and resealed it lol. the headphones were perfectly fine and never used. gotta love refurbs
biggrin.gif

Feb 13, 2008 at 6:57 AM Post #15 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by AgainstTheGrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so far i'm not that impressed with them given their hefty price tag.

They scale up extremely well with different amps. I just tried my HD-600s out of the HeadSix, and though it sounds OK, they do get a lot better with a desktop amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back