Just Got My NY Vinyl 180g Boxset 1-4
Dec 1, 2009 at 9:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Fido2

Headphoneus Supremus
YES! I just received my Neil Young vinyl boxset of his first 4 albums #228 out of supposedly only 3000 copies to be printed. I haven't played the records yet but the quality of the albums and records looks fantastic. They are simply gorgeous!
I will post back on SQ etc after I clean them and give them a spin!

Get yours while they last:

Because Sound Matters

Dec 1, 2009 at 9:06 PM Post #2 of 15
I was wondering if you were going to be rippig them to digital. A head-fier told me of a DSD2 tool made by Korg that can sample 1bit at 5.2MHz. With NY being SUCH a quality fanatic, I bet they would make very good (to say the least) high-bitrate sources.
Here's the tool if you have not heard/seen it b4.
Stereo Recorder | Mobile Recorder | DSD | Korg MR-1000

Dec 1, 2009 at 10:00 PM Post #5 of 15
That's what I've heard also omegaman. The 180g boxset was supposedly pressed at the finest pressing plant in the world which is Pallas in Germany. I'm not sure if the 140g are pressed there or not...I can't wait to get em cleaned and spin em...!

Dec 2, 2009 at 5:10 PM Post #6 of 15
Hey thanks for the tip man...

Somehow that one slipped through the cracks. I knew they were releasing the first four albums, but hadn't heard about the boxset.

Dec 4, 2009 at 12:47 AM Post #8 of 15
Well SQ on these is top notch. Very silent, incredible soundstage and vocals are so real sounding...lots of texture to the vocals and details...very nice set! Definite improvement over my old vinyl copies.

Dec 4, 2009 at 5:46 AM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fido2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well SQ on these is top notch. Very silent, incredible soundstage and vocals are so real sounding...lots of texture to the vocals and details...very nice set! Definite improvement over my old vinyl copies.

You've conviced me !!!! First thing on my shopping list for the new year.

Dec 4, 2009 at 12:58 PM Post #10 of 15
'ats my boy! hee hee...you shouldn't be disappointed. I'm listening to Harvest right now...WOW. You know how good an average vinyl copy of this recording sounds right? Well it's just sublime...seriously. Me and Neil just sittin here havin an intimate moment...
"I wanna live, I wanna give, I've been a miner for a heart of gold" lol

Dec 21, 2009 at 2:54 PM Post #14 of 15
Still on my list, first purchase next year.

Meanwhile I've just received a copy of "Live at the Massey Hall" as a Christmas gift. The 200g classic release. That album is fantastic. One of the best sounding live LPs I've heard.

If you don't already have it Fido, I suggest you treat yourself to it.

Dec 21, 2009 at 3:22 PM Post #15 of 15
Tell you where my heads at…I've been looking at this thread title for days thinking, "What New York vinyl set?"
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back