Just got my iGrados
Sep 15, 2006 at 10:01 PM Post #16 of 34
Looks the same as the phones in the photo people kept bashing.
confused.gif

Head-Fiers just don't like to wait. Doesn't matter if they look bad or not.

Sep 15, 2006 at 10:19 PM Post #17 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by cantsleep
are you going to quarter mod them?

I will probably try that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiofiler
great to hear..
how do they sound outside in the less quiet environment?
Also, there is already a thread with this topic that is new I believe
wink.gif

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...82#post2368482

I will try listening to them with the tv turned up later tonight and report back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
Wow they look a lot better sitting next to that ipod!! like the K701.

Ive been ragging on these since day 1.... But you know what... I bet if you put them on the shelf next to all the pretty Ipods at CC / BB they just might sell.

Yeah thats why I had to post a pic of them next to the iPod. When I got them I sat them next to the iPod and was thinking "If I didn't know better I would say these were made by the same company". People keep insulting the looks but the iGrados really match the ipod perfectly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak
Whats wrong with creating his own thread? He has better pictures than any of the ones in the other thread (I would have never seen them if he posted in the other thread), and it's not uncommon for people to make threads when they get a new headphone/amp/source/etc.

Thank you. The whole reason I started another thread is because I know people wanted better pictures and they might have missed them in the other thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gloomfire
Nothing "wrong" with it, but do we really need/want 100 different threads every time someone gets their pair?

Well I'm so sorry I inconvenienced you so much by making you have to sift through one more thread title.
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
Better get used to it, there's a new FOTM in the house.

edit: Sorry, I meant to say iFOTM.

Yup. Get used to it.
icon10.gif

Sep 15, 2006 at 10:45 PM Post #19 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by wower
Those looks awsome. Bet they sound great with an iPod. Do you think they need an external amp?

They might improve a little with an amp but they sound fantastic straight out of the ipod headphone jack.

Sep 15, 2006 at 11:18 PM Post #20 of 34
Mine came today. I hope to have a chance to listen tonight and over the weekend. I'll be sure to post impressions.

Sep 15, 2006 at 11:25 PM Post #21 of 34
are those standard cheap-sony type pads the igrado uses? or a new flavor of expensive grado foam? has any tried any of the classic grado pads (flats, bowls, etc.) yet?

Sep 16, 2006 at 1:21 AM Post #22 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
are those standard cheap-sony type pads the igrado uses? or a new flavor of expensive grado foam? has any tried any of the classic grado pads (flats, bowls, etc.) yet?

They feel similiar to my old SR40's. Very thin black foam but seem durable.

Sep 16, 2006 at 1:42 AM Post #23 of 34
*sigh* I just can't get round its looks! The K701 are fine, but these?! I realise that sound is important, but I guess looks also count too. How many do they expect to sell with packaging and looks like those? Every single Grado so far bar the SR40 has looked damn cool. So why didn't they use the same tried and tested design in their portable phones? The cheeky slogan on the packaging has to go too! I want my pizza box!

Sep 16, 2006 at 2:26 AM Post #24 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by zatara
They feel similiar to my old SR40's. Very thin black foam but seem durable.

Exactly. They have a bit of elastic it seems and stretch over the drivers. I took them off and put them on my HF-1. I didn't particularly like what it did. It was a bit too in your face and absolutely no soundstage. Then I put the bowls over that. I got the HF-1 sound signature back with an ever so slightly smoother sounds, with the high end just a bit rolled off. I may have to go with that permanently.

Sep 16, 2006 at 3:38 AM Post #25 of 34
So here's the question nobody has addressed:

Is that really a hinge, and does it really work?

Sep 16, 2006 at 3:50 AM Post #26 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032
So here's the question nobody has addressed:

Is that really a hinge, and does it really work?

I doubt it. If it is then it is very tight and I don't want to risk breaking it. Probably the most definitive way to get this question answered is to call Grado up and ask them.

Sep 16, 2006 at 3:52 AM Post #27 of 34
On the isolation question. They pretty isolate as much as any other streetstyle headphone (ie. not much at all).

Sep 16, 2006 at 3:57 AM Post #28 of 34
Does anyone have a PX-100 they could let me borrow? I would love to a in-depth comparison between the PX-100, KSC-35, and iGrado.

Sep 16, 2006 at 4:13 AM Post #29 of 34
No isoloation; no hinge.

Sep 16, 2006 at 4:20 AM Post #30 of 34
So is the hinge there just to support the driver weight? I always thought that...these aren't regular airplane-made headphones...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back