Just got my iGrados
Sep 15, 2006 at 8:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

PsychoZX

Headphoneus Supremus
The UPS guy just dropped off my iGrados that I won in the national meet raffle. They really do look a lot better in person than they do in the pictures. They sound fantastic. Definitely worth their $50 price tag based on sound alone IMO.

iGrado1.jpg

iGrado2.jpg

Sep 15, 2006 at 8:42 PM Post #2 of 34
very nice

my black iGrados were delivered to my college this morning, but the college package center still hasn't sent me my e-mail to pick them up
frown.gif

Sep 15, 2006 at 8:45 PM Post #5 of 34
I guess they look pretty cool after all. These are definitely the best pics I've seen until now.

And I'm feeling a bit sorry for putting a pair of Grados down. Especially if they sound fantastic, as they should.

I guess I'll order a pair in the future.

Sep 15, 2006 at 8:48 PM Post #6 of 34
Wow they look a lot better sitting next to that ipod!! like the K701.

Ive been ragging on these since day 1.... But you know what... I bet if you put them on the shelf next to all the pretty Ipods at CC / BB they just might sell.

Sep 15, 2006 at 9:15 PM Post #8 of 34
By Jove, he's right!

rotato-potato-peelersml.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
Ive been ragging on these since day 1.... But you know what... I bet if you put them on the shelf next to all the pretty Ipods at CC / BB they just might sell.

I might be inclined to agree with you, Kramer, if not for this:

attachment.php

That has to be one of the worst iPiggyback product presentations I've ever seen. I'm sorry, but as a designer I'm offended, and as a consumer I'm confused: "$50? For that?" would be my thought if I was your average iPod shopper unfamiliar with the Grado name. I guess on the head-fi side of things we can at least be thankful every cent of it went into audio quality...

Sep 15, 2006 at 9:27 PM Post #9 of 34
No offense, but you couldn't have posted this in the other thread?

Sep 15, 2006 at 9:29 PM Post #10 of 34
Looks good with the ipod

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gloomfire
No offense, but you couldn't have posted this in the other thread?

Whats wrong with creating his own thread? He has better pictures than any of the ones in the other thread (I would have never seen them if he posted in the other thread), and it's not uncommon for people to make threads when they get a new headphone/amp/source/etc.

Sep 15, 2006 at 9:30 PM Post #12 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak
Looks good with the ipod

Whats wrong with creating his own thread? He has better pictures than any of the ones in the other thread (I would have never seen them if he posted in the other thread), and it's not uncommon for people to make threads when they get a new headphone/amp/source/etc.

Nothing "wrong" with it, but do we really need/want 100 different threads every time someone gets their pair?

Sep 15, 2006 at 9:39 PM Post #13 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless
That has to be one of the worst iPiggyback product presentations I've ever seen. I'm sorry, but as a designer I'm offended, and as a consumer I'm confused: "$50? For that?" would be my thought if I was your average iPod shopper unfamiliar with the Grado name.

biggrin.gif
Exactly. That whole iThing is so... what? 2004? It's like www.souncoolitsnotevenfunnyanymore.com back in 2001.

iWorld = bunch of nerdy headphone fanatics who prefer sound so much over looks that they'll even consider wearing these in public. iCool as iCe!
redface.gif

Sep 15, 2006 at 9:48 PM Post #14 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gloomfire
Nothing "wrong" with it, but do we really need/want 100 different threads every time someone gets their pair?

Better get used to it, there's a new FOTM in the house.

edit: Sorry, I meant to say iFOTM.

Sep 15, 2006 at 9:58 PM Post #15 of 34
thats untill someone decides to make the "official" got my iGrados thread
rolleyes.gif
Does anyone know of any retail stores in the nyc area carying these(or planing to)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back