Just got my hd600's, But?
Jul 28, 2010 at 12:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Context91

New Head-Fier
I recently got my hd600's about a week ago and I am absolutely loving them. Superb! There is one thing i am wondering is there supposed to be that piece of foam on the inside of the cans. It seems to be the same foam that came in the box. I haven't touched it but it does touch my ear and it seems like it would be reducing the sound quality.

All I need is a yes or no. Or you're a dumbass its just bugging me. Thanks!

Jul 28, 2010 at 1:46 AM Post #3 of 10
Yes, the foam is supposed to be there.  You can definitely remove it (and put it back if you'd like, it's 100% reversable) but this typically makes the sound much more brighter.  It's usually recommended for HD650 because it's a warm phone to begin with, but I do have a feeling that doing this for HD600 would make it overly bright and kill the balanced sound signature that the HD600 is famous for.

But you could still try and see for yourself since it's completely reversable.   

Jul 28, 2010 at 1:50 AM Post #4 of 10
check this
http://apuresound.com/hdsennmod.html

Jul 28, 2010 at 1:51 AM Post #5 of 10
Just took a couple pics, please excuse the excessive amounts of cat hair. haha.

http://i31.tinypic.com/34dmoh0.jpg    Hd600's

http://i30.tinypic.com/zspn3p.jpg   Hd600's Case

also sorry for the out of focus stuff i did it quickly

Jul 28, 2010 at 1:54 AM Post #6 of 10
Thanks guys, what a relief it is to know its supposed to be there. I don't want them any brighter than they already are. Ill look into it though maybe i might end up liking it.

Jul 28, 2010 at 1:57 AM Post #7 of 10
Your links give a 404 error

and yes that foam is supposed to be there. I took it out of my HD650 and like the sound (and feeling) a lot more.

Jul 28, 2010 at 2:16 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:
Just took a couple pics, please excuse the excessive amounts of cat hair. haha.

Your cat has been wearing your Sennheisers?  Lucky cat.

Since you've got a cat that sheds you should keep the foam inside the ear cups.  One purpose of the foam is to help keep hair and dust away from the surface of the driver.  Hair on the driver can make for some odd buzzing or distortions.  So removing the foam inside the ear cup and the rest of the defoaming mod at apuresound would not be recommended.

Jul 28, 2010 at 2:20 AM Post #10 of 10

Quote:
Your cat has been wearing your Sennheisers?  Lucky cat.

Since you've got a cat that sheds you should keep the foam inside the ear cups.  One purpose of the foam is to help keep hair and dust away from the surface of the driver.  Hair on the driver can make for some odd buzzing or distortions.  So removing the foam inside the ear cup and the rest of the defoaming mod at apuresound would not be recommended.

hahaha, I knew someone was going to ask that. But that is a good idea I did not think about that. I am for sure keeping the foam in there for now. She probably sneaks them on while im asleep, I wonder what she listens to. Probably the sound of dieing rodents or something haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back