Just got my first lighter (Zippo) today! [PICS]
Sep 20, 2008 at 5:50 AM Post #32 of 83
This makes me remember my first Zippo from when i was 18, an orange camo which i lost one night at a party
frown.gif

I'm tempted to pick up another one exactly the same if i see one, even though Ii've stopped smoking for quite some time.

Sep 20, 2008 at 8:35 AM Post #33 of 83
I've got too many Zippos to take pictures of all of them so I just posted up my main ones, I quit smoking cigarettes a little while ago so I only use the prince with the cigar cutter. The eye of horus zippo I bought for $90, the gold YSL I think was $200 which is my favourite, prince was about $100 and that red and black Dupont don't even ask but that ping when you open it is just divine, I can spot it from a mile away.

IMG_0047.jpg
IMG_0048.jpg
IMG_0041.jpg
IMG_0043.jpg
IMG_0045.jpg
IMG_0046.jpg

Sep 20, 2008 at 9:26 AM Post #35 of 83
I have a couple of old Zippos. I don't smoke anymore, so I don't keep them in use, since the fuel evaporates so quickly. My EDC lighter of choice now is my Vector Gear lighter, which is butane based. I have one of those keychain "peanut" lighters, but I haven't filled it with any fuel yet.

-Ed

Sep 20, 2008 at 9:50 AM Post #36 of 83
My Zippo...
The 60th anniversary (1932-1992) model.

Sep 20, 2008 at 12:49 PM Post #38 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by MilkyWay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was actually going to buy that anniversary one myself. I think it was 200+ in aus. Do you mind me asking how much you got them for?

No idea really. Since its been 16 years since I bought it...

Sep 21, 2008 at 4:02 PM Post #40 of 83
I don't smoke, but I have a Zippo look alike.

Like the black crackle one. Made by Team Pistol, they make nice lighters. It was only $5.40 shipped.

The one before was a cheapie too, crappy thing couldnt even handle a few tricks and the lid went loose and wobbly. Spent a buck more and got the black one that has lasted better.

I love the tricks, the chink, usability, the look etc. but Zippo fuel is a PITA, makes your pockets smell of fluid, and filling is hard, i find it always drips out of the top when upturned to pour in. Also at 15 zippo fuel is impossible to get, so i have to get mates to fill it for me.

And my parents hate me having a lighter, more so if it is filled, and the petrol smell in my pockets is a giveaway!

I will get a real one when i am 16, as if the lid goes wobbly you just send it back and they repair it for free...

Great to collect too!

Black crackle Team Pistol:
P4230310.jpg

Brown POS:
5274-c6b5e3b3-0b5e-4e48-afe0-0b44fd63317a.jpg

Also, as Zippo fluid is hard for me to get, i filled them up with regular unleaded petrol used in the lawnmower... Don't do that. You couldn't light a fag with it definaytley! Smokes and soot's like crazy!

Matt

Sep 21, 2008 at 6:22 PM Post #41 of 83
well no wonder your parents don't like you having a lighter when one of them has a pot leaf on it
tongue.gif

Sep 21, 2008 at 8:05 PM Post #42 of 83
Well, i have never touched tobacco, cannabis, or any drug apart from alcohol.

Anyway, my mum is a boring fart, we dont have as much in common as my dad and I which may be why. And it is one of the only things (smoking, pyro, drugs, school) that my dad is fussed about, he doesn't care about film ratings, bedtimes etc. We get on much better (we also have much more in common)
biggrin.gif

Anyway, i only bought that one the first time cos it was the cheapest at $2.73, it was the crappest of the two though, and quite a bit different in size than a real zippo. The lid is looser and wobbly, so it does trick better, but its horrible to show to friends, and doesnt chink much anymore, thats why i spent another $3 more the next time and got my favourite, and better quality. I love many of the plain zippo's too, and the Candy apple red speedo one. Brushed chrome is nice, that will be the next fake i add to my collection, $5.86.

Then oneday i will get my favourite Zippo (instead of the cheapest chrome one due to being at the age when i have the least money)

Matt

Sep 22, 2008 at 5:14 PM Post #45 of 83
bought the model 240 "vintage" in brushed brass just because

092208.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back