Just got my first ever fine..
Sep 12, 2008 at 12:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 50

apatN

Headphoneus Supremus
A sad day, today. I got a fine in the mail today for speeding..

I have a scooter which goes around 75km/u. The maximum allowed speed for scooters is 45km/u. Today I got a fine for speeding on 4. september. I was clocked at 69km/u minus correction makes 66km/u. 21km/u above the allowed maximum makes for an unbelievable 120EU! Completely out of proportion IMO. Cars are going around 60 there..

Bad thing is, I just got money from my parents for my birthday to get myself a nice amp. If I can't get paid in advance from the restaurant I work in (I work off-contract) I can't even get an amp...

Sad day..
frown.gif

Sep 13, 2008 at 6:51 AM Post #5 of 50
You just learned a lesson!
Either follow the rules (don't drive faster than 45kmh) or drive faster (but accept the fact that you may get a fine).

Sep 13, 2008 at 7:24 AM Post #6 of 50
i got a ticket today as well. : (

$75 b/c my inspection sticker expired. it expired a week or two ago. the worst part is that i was planning to take my car to get inspected this weekend!

crappy luck.

Sep 13, 2008 at 7:25 AM Post #7 of 50
I did learn a lesson. Don't drive 70km/u on that road again.
tongue.gif
Seriously, driving 45km/u sucks. That's simply too slow in anyone's book. You're also bothering the rest of the traffic with 45km/u since they're going 60km/u.
I do accept the fine but it's completely out of proportion IMO. 120€ is just too much.

Sep 13, 2008 at 3:06 PM Post #10 of 50
On the road I was driving with 20km/u too fast? I'd say around 60-80. 80 probably since that's a lot of money but not too much. Just enough to think twice about going too fast.

20€ is a lot better (I paid 100€ more). What did you do if you don't mind me asking..
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 13, 2008 at 5:53 PM Post #13 of 50
I went 5 km/u to fast. So it's just a stupid mistake, a reasonably expensive on, but not to unreasonable. You should indeed go to norway and get a fined there, than you'll be in for a suprise, this ticket will seem cheep
smily_headphones1.gif
( I went on holiday to norway a few time's, never had a fine though).

Sep 13, 2008 at 7:26 PM Post #14 of 50
yeh ive crossed norway off my list for emigration once already!

think im gonna get myself one of those detectors, i hate speed cameras, fair enough in villages, but on motorways?? if i see one i instinctivly hit the brake, and watch my speedo until im past!

im very good at judging the speed i can drive at, not at what speed im going in mph

Sep 13, 2008 at 9:10 PM Post #15 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al4x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeh ive crossed norway off my list for emigration once already!

think im gonna get myself one of those detectors, i hate speed cameras, fair enough in villages, but on motorways?? if i see one i instinctivly hit the brake, and watch my speedo until im past!

im very good at judging the speed i can drive at, not at what speed im going in mph

I agree. Though it's very dangerous to say; a mistake is easily made. You have to be very careful in traffic and I stand 100% behind that but I think the max. allowed is a bit exaggerated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back