Just got my Denon 1001
Apr 15, 2009 at 7:01 PM Post #16 of 22
Are the D1001 really full sized headphones? Cos I have an earing in the upper part of the ear and I need something to cover the whole ear.

Apr 15, 2009 at 7:31 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by .Sup /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are the D1001 really full sized headphones? Cos I have an earing in the upper part of the ear and I need something to cover the whole ear.

They cover all of my ear perfectly.

Apr 15, 2009 at 7:35 PM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll ditto the D1001s not being mid-recessed. They're laid back, though. Also, they don't get "more exciting", to answer the OP's question about classical music. I'm perplexed by the reference to narrow soundstage though. I was plenty impressed by the soundstage, specially for closed cans.

Ditto this as well. Mids are there but not upfront like Grados/AKG's or what have you. It actually has a bigger soundstage than the SR60, interesting since SR60 is open where as D1001 are not.

Apr 16, 2009 at 1:25 AM Post #20 of 22
Its kind of hard to say. They are totally different heapdhones. The HD555's are open backed and the D1001's are closed back, thus making a totally different sound.

Apr 16, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll ditto the D1001s not being mid-recessed. They're laid back, though. Also, they don't get "more exciting", to answer the OP's question about classical music. I'm perplexed by the reference to narrow soundstage though. I was plenty impressed by the soundstage, specially for closed cans.

Same here, I was pretty much blown away, and really took off my headphones on occasions to see if the sound was coming from outside or from the series I was watching
biggrin.gif

Apr 16, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #22 of 22
well, maybe the soundstage issue is from my source, they are a bunch of 50-60s Classical recording by Klemperer and Karajan.

BTW, found a new problem here, who here that has 1001 that also listen to the Beatles?

I heard 2 really unnatural thump at the 1:10 mark of Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da, right after "Takes it back to Molly waiting at the door, And as he gives it to her she begins to sing" and in between the 2 "Obladi Oblada life goes on"s and then a couple more after the 2nd Obladi and Oblada of that series. Never noticed that before and sounds like the phone is broken(never even noticed this sound before). I have the remastered CD playing out of a PC with a decent sound card. I was wondering what instrument that could possibly be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back