Just got my Creative Zen Micro
Jan 13, 2005 at 10:36 PM Post #526 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockit
ok, thanks. i guess im just really overprotective of my zen micro
eggosmile.gif

wow, i'm starting to get annoyed with creative. they need accessories- fast. and useful ones, like a belt pouch or things you can add on to ur micro and stuff.

i know they are making wireless headphones, but i mean like the little stuff- ya know? protectors, docks, skins (not that we need them), and things that the ipod has...

I'd like a little dock with a red and green led that you could you could plug in your USB or charger lead and with this dock you could charge up your spare battery!!!!

Jan 14, 2005 at 6:16 AM Post #530 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMACK
Anybody, a couple quick questions...i expect my new ZM today.

as far as the software, should i upgrade right away or not? i keep reading conflicting advice.

also, should i just convert all my files to 128kbps for maximum storage capability and if so how much does this affect sound quality?
whats the easiest way to do this?

TIA!

yes, upgrade, but if you have any trouble transfering files to and from the micro via wmp then just download the 1.00.xx and install that. as for sound quallity, thats a comprimise you'll have to make on your own. higher kbps = larger file size and lower battery life but better sound and just the inverse for smaller. dont go below 128kbps or above 192 with a portable. so if you want a nice middle ground use 160.
orphsmile.gif

as for a program to do this converting i gotta go with the ever favorite, easy, quick to use and more importantly free dbpoweramp music converter. www.dbpoweramp.com

Jan 14, 2005 at 6:15 PM Post #532 of 630
IT CAME IT CAME IT FINALLY CAME!
and even better

IT'S A LIMITED EDITION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FREE BATTERYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
how the hell did that happen?? I was not expecting that at all

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

(damn is this thing small)

Jan 14, 2005 at 7:34 PM Post #533 of 630
same here! when i got my zen micro, i was not expecting a spare battery... i was so happy.

i also was very shocked when i opened mine too because it was so small. i felt like it was tiny right when i opened, but it doesnt seem as small anymore- cuzim more used to it now...
lambda.gif

Jan 14, 2005 at 8:06 PM Post #534 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockit
same here! when i got my zen micro, i was not expecting a spare battery... i was so happy.

i also was very shocked when i opened mine too because it was so small. i felt like it was tiny right when i opened, but it doesnt seem as small anymore- cuzim more used to it now...
lambda.gif

Yeh same here rockit.
icon10.gif

Jan 14, 2005 at 8:38 PM Post #535 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMACK
Thanks Cyclone. I'd like to buy you a beer. that program rocks...it's so easy & free!

Upgrade the firmware to version 1.01.03, which fixed a few bugs, especially the battery life.

Jan 14, 2005 at 9:07 PM Post #536 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by yeeyy
I'm in Malaysia now.... no time to check.
frown.gif

I will update if there is any new findings.

As expected, feedback is they do not know about the removal of headphone will affecting the sensitivity of touchpad.

Anyway, I have some discussion with my friend on this. It seems related to grounding, both of us believe so.

Well, since I had my headphone plug into the player all time, I do not think it is a big issue.

Jan 15, 2005 at 11:08 PM Post #537 of 630
[size=small]I'm having a bit of trouble with my earbuds. Often the grey little padding/covers fall off the earbud. I don't know why they do so much. But today, I took my Zen for a walk (first ever, outside) and put the 'phones in my pocket. Upon arriving back home, the covers were off both buds, leaving only the plastic! I found one cover in my pocket, but couldn't locate the other. It's better with the cover, because they stay in the ear better, and protect from coldness on chilly days. I'm going to contact Creative about this, and hope they send me a replacement.

Anybody else got gripes about this?
confused.gif
[/size]

Jan 15, 2005 at 11:14 PM Post #538 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by straight-up
[size=small]I'm having a bit of trouble with my earbuds. Often the grey little padding/covers fall off the earbud. I don't know why they do so much. But today, I took my Zen for a walk (first ever, outside) and put the 'phones in my pocket. Upon arriving back home, the covers were off both buds, leaving only the plastic! I found one cover in my pocket, but couldn't locate the other. It's better with the cover, because they stay in the ear better, and protect from coldness on chilly days. I'm going to contact Creative about this, and hope they send me a replacement.

Anybody else got gripes about this?
confused.gif
[/size]

i don't use the stock earbuds, but the pads on my iriver earbuds fell of all the time. you can buy 4 for a dollar at radio shack. they'll probably be black, though.

Jan 15, 2005 at 11:38 PM Post #539 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by yeeyy
Upgrade the firmware to version 1.01.03, which fixed a few bugs, especially the battery life.

Shortly after buying my zen micro, I updated to the 2.00.12 version. Would that have also fixed some of the bugs?

Jan 16, 2005 at 1:36 AM Post #540 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by mmmpopfanatic
Shortly after buying my zen micro, I updated to the 2.00.12 version. Would that have also fixed some of the bugs?

I believe 2.00.12 added support for Microsoft PlayForSure as well as inclusive previous bug fixs, which means you can drag and drop if you have WinXP and WMP10 installed in your system.

[Edited] Typo....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back