Just got my Creative Zen Micro
Jan 11, 2005 at 4:08 PM Post #511 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phaenom
I'm showing the same space available after going to 1.01.03. Considering it's showing space available in MB, you've got a fair bit of room to play with before it goes down to 4748MB.

ZM Firmware.jpg

Don't know about the latest one though.

Cheers...Chris

What format are you songs in? Just interested to know how much I can squeeze in...

Thanks

Becca

Jan 11, 2005 at 5:23 PM Post #513 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by KingJimi
Hi all, when I bought my Zen Micro, it came with 1.01.03 firmware. Isn't this the oldest firmware out for the device?

No, when I got mine a month ago, it came with 1.00.06. The 1.01.03 was the first upgrade available before they had 2.00.12.

Jan 12, 2005 at 4:56 AM Post #514 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by becca.morgan
What format are you songs in? Just interested to know how much I can squeeze in...

Thanks

Becca

Becca,

Most of my songs are in WMA, although some are mp3. Normally they're at 128kbps but I tend to use variable. File sizes are generally 3.5 - 5 MB but there are around a dozen or so that run into the 8MB size. Bear in mind that I have dedicated 128MB to the removable drive.

Cheers...Chris

Jan 12, 2005 at 11:03 AM Post #515 of 630
Any1 whos got the new Style Buttons do they all Light Up or just Play/Pause

Just wonderin cause just got a New one old one Broke but its the Old Style one and only Play/Pause Button Lights up, im sure on my other one all the Butons did

oh and Black looks Crap Compared to Silver imo
frown.gif

oh yes what i mean am all the Buttons Bright on the new style one? or just Play/Pause

Jan 12, 2005 at 9:12 PM Post #516 of 630
Has anyone tried using Crystal Clear Duck Tape as a screen protector? I was going to use some on my new Micro. I already tested it on a window and it came off without leaving one streak. Should I use it?

Jan 12, 2005 at 10:34 PM Post #517 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by buffpants24
Has anyone tried using Crystal Clear Duck Tape as a screen protector? I was going to use some on my new Micro. I already tested it on a window and it came off without leaving one streak. Should I use it?

Why don't you just get a PDA screen protector and cut it down to size? There's a guy on ebay that sells them pre-cut for the ZM for around USD $5.00 for three. I got them and while they're not an exact fit they work just fine.

Cheers...Chris

Jan 13, 2005 at 2:57 AM Post #520 of 630
talking about scratches- well kinda- i have some pics of the back i wanna show peepz. Other owners of zen micro- when ur zen is in the light at a angle (many angles)- does the glossy covering on the back look very scratched up???

mine does and i havent even taken itout of the house!
eek.gif

here are some pics- it wont even do the justice. i could not capture the scratches on the camera- but if you look aroound the light reflecting on the back- you can see some scratches...
CIMG0777.jpg

CIMG0776.jpg

confused.gif

its one of my biggest pet peeves

Jan 13, 2005 at 4:30 AM Post #522 of 630
Scratch magnetism was a feature on the iPod too, so I guess Creative decided to copy that feature as well. But seriously though, the clear plastic over the white plastic had swirl marks on mine when it was brand new. I think it's the way it was made.

Jan 13, 2005 at 4:32 AM Post #523 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taphil
Scratch magnetism was a feature on the iPod too, so I guess Creative decided to copy that feature as well. But seriously though, the clear plastic over the white plastic had swirl marks on mine when it was brand new. I think it's the way it was made.

mine too, and i have a decent sized scratch on the back of mine but who really cares, you can only see it at the perfect angle, light conditions, and you have to be showing someone else for it to matter anyways
rolleyes.gif

Jan 13, 2005 at 7:44 PM Post #524 of 630
Anybody, a couple quick questions...i expect my new ZM today.

as far as the software, should i upgrade right away or not? i keep reading conflicting advice.

also, should i just convert all my files to 128kbps for maximum storage capability and if so how much does this affect sound quality?
whats the easiest way to do this?

TIA!

Jan 13, 2005 at 7:46 PM Post #525 of 630
ok, thanks. i guess im just really overprotective of my zen micro
eggosmile.gif

wow, i'm starting to get annoyed with creative. they need accessories- fast. and useful ones, like a belt pouch or things you can add on to ur micro and stuff.

i know they are making wireless headphones, but i mean like the little stuff- ya know? protectors, docks, skins (not that we need them), and things that the ipod has...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back