Just got my Creative Zen Micro
Jan 3, 2005 at 5:21 AM Post #451 of 630
hey has there been any word about a case for the zen micro, where there is a clear covering over the screen, like the ones for the ipods. I would hate to have a scatch on my screen, and its a pain to take it out of the bag they give u to change a song.

btw, i'm not sure if anyone metioned this before, but the songs that come with the zen micro are pretty cool. Anyone like them?

Jan 3, 2005 at 8:20 AM Post #452 of 630
no idea about any new case coming out, only heard about the cradle that you get with the micro...but why not use the pouch, and get the remote from creatives website....it is only 26$ incl shipping =).

If you still want a hardcover for your micro, take a look at the pictures posted earlier in this thread, about how to mod an altoids (I'm swedish, no idea what it is, but I've seen it mentioned here) "box", which will apparently fit the zen micro...no idea what it would smell tho 0_o

Jan 3, 2005 at 8:26 AM Post #453 of 630
i updated to the 2.0 firmware, and so far i dont recommend it. i encountered problems in transfering files in which if i tried to sync or move all of my files into the zen the transfer would stop for some reason about 50 files in. so i would have to keep on reloading windows media or keep copy pasting the files over. i'll try the next firmware update, but for me this one didnt work. could be that my computer was just being an idiot. try it out for your self if it works great. if not just roll it back by installing the 1.00.13 or what ever the first update was. thats how i fixed it.
biggrin.gif

as for scratches i wouldnt worry about it. the screen is pretty resilient and if you keep an eye on where you put it there's no risk. (that means to metal working shops guys)

Jan 3, 2005 at 5:33 PM Post #454 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by jumpinjohn1234
hey has there been any word about a case for the zen micro, where there is a clear covering over the screen, like the ones for the ipods. I would hate to have a scatch on my screen, and its a pain to take it out of the bag they give u to change a song.

btw, i'm not sure if anyone metioned this before, but the songs that come with the zen micro are pretty cool. Anyone like them?

tbh i wouldnt worry about scratching, the screen seems firm and is perfect for me. tbh i dont think it can get scratched unless there is an intent to.
confused.gif

Jan 3, 2005 at 8:58 PM Post #456 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclone
i updated to the 2.0 firmware, and so far i dont recommend it. i encountered problems in transfering files in which if i tried to sync or move all of my files into the zen the transfer would stop for some reason about 50 files in. so i would have to keep on reloading windows media or keep copy pasting the files over. i'll try the next firmware update, but for me this one didnt work. could be that my computer was just being an idiot. try it out for your self if it works great. if not just roll it back by installing the 1.00.13 or what ever the first update was. thats how i fixed it.
biggrin.gif

as for scratches i wouldnt worry about it. the screen is pretty resilient and if you keep an eye on where you put it there's no risk. (that means to metal working shops guys)

I upgraded and moving files back and forth between Windows File Explorer and through Windows Media Player was a snap. My issue is I can't figure out how to make a playlist on the Zen Micro through Media Player. If anyone has a tip let me know. I sync'd a couple playlists and it moved over all the songs but not the playlist itself so now they are all lumped together.

Jan 3, 2005 at 9:11 PM Post #457 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taphil
I just put on a small piece of PDA screen protector to cover the screen area. The rest of the Micro is exposed and doesn't seem to be that prone to scratches.

I agree, i removed most of the plastic on the unit minus a piece over the lcd, i guess i should look for something like a PDA screen protector, if its something i could buy in a store. I haven't seen a single scratch on the unit though.

Jan 4, 2005 at 3:08 AM Post #458 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by PirateJack
I upgraded and moving files back and forth between Windows File Explorer and through Windows Media Player was a snap. My issue is I can't figure out how to make a playlist on the Zen Micro through Media Player. If anyone has a tip let me know. I sync'd a couple playlists and it moved over all the songs but not the playlist itself so now they are all lumped together.

Yes i too found that there were massive changes in the zen media player on my computer. it was not the same program lay out that i saw before and was far more limited.
confused.gif

so i just put up the images of my micro. sorry guys its not white or green or anything like that. just classy silver but i put up the pictures mostly because of the case that i made for it. go check it out . here

Jan 5, 2005 at 3:49 AM Post #459 of 630
i dont really know for sure what bumping is but im guessing its what im doing now... i know, i know...im not supposed to.

BUMP

Jan 5, 2005 at 7:28 AM Post #461 of 630
most likely no but more importantly can the human ear even hear the difference between 320 and something higher? dont worry it doesnt matter especially cause 320 is the same quality as the original CD not to mention the massive battery drain complications that happen with massive bit rates

Jan 5, 2005 at 7:49 AM Post #463 of 630
In that case you can just convert it all down to like 192 or 128 depending on how picky you are on you sound quality. im fine with 128 most of the time but most people on this site will likely scoff at me for doing such a thing. the best conversion program is db power amp. just google it and download the converter on the site.

Jan 5, 2005 at 5:05 PM Post #464 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by acoustiphile
I have a general question,

Will the zm accept and play anything above a bitrate of 320kbps?

Definitely no.

In strict MPEG-1 Layer 3, the frame bitrate goes up 320kbps. It is only possible to use more than this on freeformat MP3, that no portable can play, and several software player don't recognize.

The Zen Micro's manual specify MP3 "up to 320kbps" (Page 64, available online), just like with WMA.

Jan 5, 2005 at 10:06 PM Post #465 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by yeeyy
About the touch pad, I purposely buying the black color player to try out this. Every button works fine for me except the BACK button. I need to tap slightly above the back arrow silkscreen instead onto it, and I need to press it with my whole thumb and sometime I need to press it hard, so that it is activated normally.

I Have a silver Zen Micro and am also finding the Play and Menu buttons hard to press.

I realised the Zen seems to have a strange behaviour: When the headphones are not plugged in the Play, Back button and menu button become very unresponsive. This is a very wierd flaw! i Don't know whether it can be fixed by firmware as it seems to be more of a hardware problem.

A friend suggested it might be like that on purpose, but why disable those buttons and not the |<, >| and scroll pad, and whatsmore, shouldn't there be something in the manual about it as well as an option to disable this 'feature'?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back