Just got my Creative Zen Micro
Dec 21, 2004 at 3:01 AM Post #347 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by lostprophet
Could anyone like Keoshi or Taphill take a pic of the headphones, and showing the whole headphone cable.

Also could someone take a pic of them while connected to the Micro itself.
smily_headphones1.gif

Strange request
blink.gif

Creative earbuds
comparison4.jpg

Creative vs iPod earbuds
comparison5.jpg

You can draw your own conclusions, but it looks like Creative even copied Apple's earbuds. The Creative ones are big and long, so it's uncomfortable to me. It does sound slightly better, and is about twice as loud at the same volume setting when used on the iPod, and maybe 50% louder when plugged into the Micro. Anyone know why there difference is volume is different between the iPod and Micro? And, just plugging the Creative buds into the iPod I can hear a lot of hiss when music isn't playing. The Senn MX400 kicks both of them badly, though.

Dec 21, 2004 at 4:53 AM Post #348 of 630
Wow the micro is pretty thick. Does anyone have a problem with it's thickness?

Dec 21, 2004 at 5:59 AM Post #349 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by number1sixerfan

It's really not that thick. I haven't had a problem with it and one of my main concerns was that it was able to fit unobtrusively in my shirt pocket, which it does.

Dec 21, 2004 at 5:59 AM Post #350 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by mmmpopfanatic
I'd be a bit skeptical about that. Let us know when you do in fact get it, k?

I got a tracking number yesterday.. and I can see the package start to move today...

Dec 21, 2004 at 12:27 PM Post #351 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by number1sixerfan

Seiously, I don't think I've seen anybody who was surprised by how big the ZM is when they finally see it in person. The pics don't really do justice to how small this player actually is...

Dec 21, 2004 at 1:29 PM Post #352 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by uncle b
Seiously, I don't think I've seen anybody who was surprised by how big the ZM is when they finally see it in person. The pics don't really do justice to how small this player actually is...

Very true, i had seen lots of pics of it and i wasnt too sure on the size. But when i finally got to hold it in my hand i was drooling at how perfect its shape and size actually was...
basshead.gif

Dec 21, 2004 at 5:45 PM Post #353 of 630
Ive got one here at home sitting under the bloody xmas tree wrapped up so i cant touch it.My g/friend has shown me the box and its the silver LTD edition with extra battery
smily_headphones1.gif

Ive ripped over about 40 CD's using MP 10 so im ready to load up (wma 128 KBS) and ive got some Sennheiser headphones sitting here waiting as well (PX 100 's very weel made and good bass of my home hi-fi)

A couple of questions for you lucky sods that have yours

1) im going to the inlaws xmas day so i wont be able to download my music till i get back which is a bummer.Does it come pre loaded with any tunes ?

2)also if i charge it can i listen to the radio\(pre loaded tunes if its got any) before i connect it to my puter ?

3)will it fit into a empty ciggarette packet ? if it does i will make a neat hole for the headphones in the top of the lid and use it as a protective case
smily_headphones1.gif

thanx in advance

Dec 21, 2004 at 5:57 PM Post #354 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by Loony tunes
3)will it fit into a empty ciggarette packet ? if it does i will make a neat hole for the headphones in the top of the lid and use it as a protective case
smily_headphones1.gif

thanx in advance

580smile.gif
Thats class.
3000smile.gif
What a good idea.

Although if i done it i'd get shouted at as my mum would think it was a pack of fags and im only 15.
lambda.gif

Personally i think it would fit neatly into a 20 pack case, as 10 pack may be too small.

Dec 21, 2004 at 9:28 PM Post #355 of 630
I'll take pictures of my black tonight, i'm really sorry about not having done it sooner.

I will agree with one comment I saw earlier. MY back buttton is annoying. the sensitivity of it seems to vary on an hourly basis. sometimes its perfect sometimes it lags. firmware has been updated and i guess i'll just let it be.

Oh and the software does suck. My wife uses I-tunes with her i-pod mini and the software is just so much more intuitive and easier to use. though the micro is cooler than the mini
wink.gif
i just wish itunes recognized the little guy
frown.gif

3000smile.gif

Dec 21, 2004 at 10:41 PM Post #357 of 630
IT CAME!! IT CAME!!
eggosmile.gif

My purple micro was delivered today. Unfortunatly, it IS a Christmas gift, and I can't open it until Saturday. Don't worry, as soon as possible, I'll post pictures.
wink.gif

Dec 22, 2004 at 12:34 AM Post #358 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by Loony tunes
Ive got one here at home sitting under the bloody xmas tree wrapped up so i cant touch it.My g/friend has shown me the box and its the silver LTD edition with extra battery
smily_headphones1.gif

Ive ripped over about 40 CD's using MP 10 so im ready to load up (wma 128 KBS) and ive got some Sennheiser headphones sitting here waiting as well (PX 100 's very weel made and good bass of my home hi-fi)

A couple of questions for you lucky sods that have yours

1) im going to the inlaws xmas day so i wont be able to download my music till i get back which is a bummer.Does it come pre loaded with any tunes ?

2)also if i charge it can i listen to the radio\(pre loaded tunes if its got any) before i connect it to my puter ?

smily_headphones1.gif

thanx in advance

The one I ordered from Singapore came with three pre-loaded songs. Not the greatest, but there's something to listen to (they range between 30 sec to 2 min, if memory serves me).

You can listen to the radio, you'll just have to scan to the radio stations, and can set the presets without your computer.

As to the smokes, it'll fit into a Marlboro 25 hardpack with plenty of room to spare (just checked it myself). Don't know about packs of 20, but I'd think so.

Cheers...Chris

Dec 22, 2004 at 12:49 AM Post #359 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by itch
Does anybody have a picture of it in black? I planning to get one but I can't decide what colour to get! Argh! Thanks.

I was thinking about getting the black, but after reading a couple of posts and the following review I finally opted for silver. I am very pleased with the decision.

http://www.monsternet.org/features/z...mini/index.php

Just as a sidebar, here's a very comprehensive disassembly guide for the Zen Micro. It's very graphic and not for the squeamish...
eggosmile.gif

http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles...?cid=9&id=1331

They use a Black ZM for the guinea pig.

Cheers...Chris

Dec 22, 2004 at 1:14 AM Post #360 of 630
Can anyone tell me how long these players typically last? I'm worried particularly about the lifespan of the microdrive...is it possible to buy an ibm microdrive and replace with the stock microdrive in the event that the stock one fails?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back