Just got my Creative Zen Micro
Dec 20, 2004 at 2:04 PM Post #331 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadTrying
Yes it's on high at the moment and I have the latest firmware. I'm really surprised at just how bad the back and play buttons on the touchpad are.

Wheras I can scroll up and down and FF and RW with a light touch, I really have to press hard to go Back or get the thing to play. Has anyone encountered similar situation with there zen?

Matt

Is it maybe possible that the hard presses required for play and going back/forward are to help differentiate between just scrolling through a song and jumping forward/back to the next/previous song?

Dec 20, 2004 at 2:55 PM Post #332 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by akerman
All of creatives current flash player range will let you do drag-n-drop file transfer. Why not the zen micro? This is a huge con for me, that means you can't take it to a friends house, and transfer some of your stuff to his pc... or just bring some homework to school on the micro, like you can with one of the flash players.

You can’t drag-and-drop music files (you have to use software), but you can definitely drag-and-drop your homework. Once you set aside a partition for your data, the Zen Micro acts as a universal mass storage (UMS) device for non-music files without the need for drivers or software to transfer.

cool.gif

Dec 20, 2004 at 10:28 PM Post #336 of 630
Congrats lostprophet ! Hope you enjoy your Micro.

BTW, is $300 USD shipped a good price for a Micro ? Theres one on eBay thats BIN. I'm also from Canada and it's tough to find a good price. From all the other micro daps, I think I'll be most satisfied with the Zen Micro. However, the Carbon and Mini is very close ~ and also $100 USD cheaper. (Used Minis/Carbons ~> $190)

Just a few random questions I hope someone can answer:

1.) If your not satisfied w/ the colour, could you send it to Creative to exchange for another colour ?!

2.) When using wakeup timer, could you set specifically to what it plays and what volume it is ?!

3.) When player is locked, could you still control the volume on the touchpad ?!

4.) Does the creative software suck as much as everyones saying it does? I mean, is it really that hard to just transfer music ?

5.) Could you turn off the blue glow ? Also, does it pulse to the music... sorta like the Karma dock ?!

6.) Is the voice recorder good enough and easily setup-able for class lectures ?!

7.) When you create playlists on the player, is it true you can only add one song at a time... or you could actually import whole artists/genres/albums ?! When you have a playlist, is it possible to delete seletective songs or add more songs ?! Could you play a playlist on shuffle mode ?!

8.) Is the included pouch a tight fit ?! How well is it for a case ?

Sorry for all my dumb questions. Hopefully someone who knows anything could speak up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Merry Christmas!!

Best regards,
Makki

Dec 20, 2004 at 10:46 PM Post #337 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by truffles
Congrats lostprophet ! Hope you enjoy your Micro.

BTW, is $300 USD shipped a good price for a Micro ? Theres one on eBay thats BIN. I'm also from Canada and it's tough to find a good price. From all the other micro daps, I think I'll be most satisfied with the Zen Micro. However, the Carbon and Mini is very close ~ and also $100 USD cheaper. (Used Minis/Carbons ~> $190)

Just a few random questions I hope someone can answer:

1.) If your not satisfied w/ the colour, could you send it to Creative to exchange for another colour ?!

2.) When using wakeup timer, could you set specifically to what it plays and what volume it is ?!

3.) When player is locked, could you still control the volume on the touchpad ?!

4.) Does the creative software suck as much as everyones saying it does? I mean, is it really that hard to just transfer music ?

5.) Could you turn off the blue glow ? Also, does it pulse to the music... sorta like the Karma dock ?!

6.) Is the voice recorder good enough and easily setup-able for class lectures ?!

7.) When you create playlists on the player, is it true you can only add one song at a time... or you could actually import whole artists/genres/albums ?! When you have a playlist, is it possible to delete seletective songs or add more songs ?! Could you play a playlist on shuffle mode ?!

8.) Is the included pouch a tight fit ?! How well is it for a case ?

Sorry for all my dumb questions. Hopefully someone who knows anything could speak up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Merry Christmas!!

Best regards,
Makki

1. you can only send it back to wherever u bought it from
6. the voice recorder ive heard isnt really good
8. I dont know aboutthe pouch but it comes with an actual case and stand.

and if i were you id check out newegg.com for the zen micro, i dont know if they ship to canada but the prices r generally much cheaper then ebay

Dec 20, 2004 at 11:12 PM Post #338 of 630
2. Looks like you can only choose "radio" or "play any track". The volume is probably whatever it was last set to.

3. No, but I that's the point of locking the buttons.

4. Creative MediaSource is pretty bad, although most of the time it works ok. But you can just install the software from the CD and do drag/drop in My Computer, which is easy.

5. No, the buttons turn on with the backlight. It only pulses while charing.

6. I don't think it'll work for lectures. For recording your own voice, it may be ok. I've never tried it though.

7. You can add whole artists or albums to a playlist, as well as individual songs. You can also remove individual songs from the playlist. You can keep adding songs as well. You can also change the playback mode to shuffle.

8. The pouch is just a crappy bag.

Dec 20, 2004 at 11:26 PM Post #339 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by uncle b
Is it maybe possible that the hard presses required for play and going back/forward are to help differentiate between just scrolling through a song and jumping forward/back to the next/previous song?

The thought did cross my mind, but the button's behavior isn't consistent and there is no sense in having an insanely sensitive ff and rr button and a bitch ass play button. The result, on the more unfortunate occassions, is that in trying to play/pause you accidentally hit volume up (ow!)

Dec 21, 2004 at 1:32 AM Post #340 of 630
I ordered mine on Saturday form Amazon with free delivery. It was supposed to arrive Dec 29, but UPS delivered it today, Monday the 20th.
It also came with extra battery. I'm charging it now and can't wait to explore.

Dec 21, 2004 at 1:36 AM Post #342 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by JAG
I ordered mine on Saturday form Amazon with free delivery. It was supposed to arrive Dec 29, but UPS delivered it today, Monday the 20th.

Where did you get ti off, .co.uk or .com?

Oh and thank you truffles.
smily_headphones1.gif

Can't wait to look all cool...
etysmile.gif

Dec 21, 2004 at 1:42 AM Post #343 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by JAG

Which color, JAG?

Dec 21, 2004 at 1:48 AM Post #344 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by lostprophet
Where did you get ti off, .co.uk or .com?

Oh and thank you truffles.
smily_headphones1.gif

Can't wait to look all cool...
etysmile.gif

I ordered it from .com.
They were out of black so I ordered dark blue, which is a very dark blue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back