Just got my Creative Zen Micro
Dec 19, 2004 at 10:20 PM Post #316 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by Keoshi
I think Creative has released all colors (the other day I saw pink and orange! )

The unit is worth the wait, ken830

Where did you see the pink? At a physical store in Portugal? I just stopped by a local electronics store (Fry's) and they have a huge Creative display. I got to see and play with one for the first time and it is nice!!
smily_headphones1.gif
But they only had the black one in stock. They sold out on the silver and dark blue. I'm looking for pink as a gift. I can't believe I'm getting so excited over something I'm not even buying for myself!
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmmpopfanatic
[size=small]*ATTENTION US BUYERS!!*[/size]

Go to www.jr.com. They have most colors in stock.
I just ordered the purple one, and I'm hoping to get it by Christmas. They said 1-2 days, but you can't always rely on websites' estimates.

Too bad I ordered from Amazon..... I got a really good price on it, and don't want to cancel the order... I pre-ordered back in November!

Dec 19, 2004 at 10:58 PM Post #317 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazychimp132
My idea would be to put the nomad explorer installer onto the micro's external harddrive mode and then just quickly install that on other computers.

Problem is, on most school/university computers, you don't have domain rights to install anything
frown.gif

Dec 19, 2004 at 11:15 PM Post #318 of 630
Does anyone else think it's a little foolish of Creative not to have all the micros available for Christmas? They should have had all the colors out when they released the basic colors a month ago.

Dec 19, 2004 at 11:19 PM Post #319 of 630
Quote:

Does anyone else think it's a little foolish of Creative not to have all the micros available for Christmas? They should have had all the colors out when they released the basic colors a month ago.

That's what I'm saying!! When I decided to start Christmas shopping in early November, I thought I could pre-order a pink one, and have it weeks before Christmas... but my Amazon pre-order says it won't be shipped until January 25-26!! Isn't that a little ridiculous?

Apparently, they have released all of the colors before Christmas, but at such low quantities (impossible to find in stores) and too late in the season (just a few days till Christmas).

Dec 20, 2004 at 12:18 AM Post #321 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by buffpants24
Ken830, how did the black Micro look?

I don't know. They were all in boxes, security-wrapped, and behind a glass counter!! Talk about being over-protective! Only two units were out. One was silver and the other was dark blue.

But I would imagine that the black must look good.. I mean, they use the black one for all of their ads.... on billboards, in print, and online!
biggrin.gif

Dec 20, 2004 at 12:49 AM Post #322 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken830
Where did you see the pink? At a physical store in Portugal? I just stopped by a local electronics store (Fry's) and they have a huge Creative display. I got to see and play with one for the first time and it is nice!!
smily_headphones1.gif
But they only had the black one in stock. They sold out on the silver and dark blue. I'm looking for pink as a gift. I can't believe I'm getting so excited over something I'm not even buying for myself!
biggrin.gif

I saw it on a fnac store, you know it, right? www.fnac.com (originally French)
3000smile.gif

Dec 20, 2004 at 1:34 AM Post #323 of 630
Quote:

That's what I'm saying!! When I decided to start Christmas shopping in early November, I thought I could pre-order a pink one, and have it weeks before Christmas... but my Amazon pre-order says it won't be shipped until January 25-26!! Isn't that a little ridiculous?

Apparently, they have released all of the colors before Christmas, but at such low quantities (impossible to find in stores) and too late in the season (just a few days till Christmas).

I ordered a purple one on Thursday from J&R online, at which time they said it was in stock and could ship in 1-2 days. I checked today (Sunday) and it's now listed as out of stock, and my order is still processing. Right now, I'm crossing my fingers.

Dec 20, 2004 at 1:42 AM Post #324 of 630
It said it would ship in 3-7 days from the Crutchfield store on Amazon on Dec. 11. After the order was processed it told me I would recieve it from the 24th to the 30th! Then I got a letter in the mail which told me they would be shipping the Micro on the 17th. Then they called me and told me that they were back-ordered, but that they would be recieving their new shipment from Creative on Dec. 22 and that because it was so late, they would use overnight shipping to get it to me on the 23rd. I really hope this happens, because I'm leaving on the night of the 23rd for a family vacation!
frown.gif

Dec 20, 2004 at 1:46 AM Post #325 of 630
All the retailers are scrambling...
biggrin.gif
I inquired about my order from Amazon, and the CSR instantly apologized, and changed my order ship date from Jan 25-26 to Dec 24... for free! haha.. I wonder if that will really happen... Even Amazon's website says the item is not released by the manufacturer yet... but how can they be "preparing to ship" my order!?!?

Dec 20, 2004 at 2:04 AM Post #326 of 630
Quote:

biggrin.gif

Sadly, true. I would definately have my white zen micro right now if more had been produced and retailers had sensed how popular it was going to be.
rolleyes.gif

Dec 20, 2004 at 2:27 AM Post #327 of 630
Quote:

Have you tried adjusting the sensitivity level for the touch pad? Most reviews I've read said it works best on high.

Yes it's on high at the moment and I have the latest firmware. I'm really surprised at just how bad the back and play buttons on the touchpad are.

Wheras I can scroll up and down and FF and RW with a light touch, I really have to press hard to go Back or get the thing to play. Has anyone encountered similar situation with there zen?

Matt

Dec 20, 2004 at 4:00 AM Post #328 of 630
Quote:

Originally Posted by lostprophet
Sadly, true. I would definately have my white zen micro right now if more had been produced and retailers had sensed how popular it was going to be.
rolleyes.gif

They've been doing this with the toy industry for years. You want what you can't have so they limit the number for xmas, which forces you to purchase other things during the holidays and boosts their sales in the new year.

Clever, but frustrating.
very_evil_smiley.gif

You gotta love psychology...

Dec 20, 2004 at 5:25 AM Post #329 of 630
"Yes it's on high at the moment and I have the latest firmware. I'm really surprised at just how bad the back and play buttons on the touchpad are.

Wheras I can scroll up and down and FF and RW with a light touch, I really have to press hard to go Back or get the thing to play. Has anyone encountered similar situation with there zen?"

Matt

i have this same problem with my back button. but mine seems to work when headphones are plugged in. my other buttons are good though. mine is the silver one. tried everything to fix it ( firmware, cleanup, reformat ). still no back button unless headphones are plugged in. also i have tried the different touchpad settings. going to return it for a new one, picked it up at bestbuy. other than that i love this player.

Dec 20, 2004 at 1:09 PM Post #330 of 630
Quote:

biggrin.gif
I inquired about my order from Amazon, and the CSR instantly apologized, and changed my order ship date from Jan 25-26 to Dec 24... for free! haha.. I wonder if that will really happen... Even Amazon's website says the item is not released by the manufacturer yet... but how can they be "preparing to ship" my order!?!?

I'd be a bit skeptical about that. Let us know when you do in fact get it, k?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back