Just got iphone...surprised my westone es2 won't plug in. suggestions?
Dec 22, 2007 at 10:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Spookykinkajou

100+ Head-Fier
Title mostly says it.

I have custom Westone ES2 IEMs and the plug is a right angle and will not fit in the iphone I just got.

Any recommendations so I can use them???

Thanks

Dec 22, 2007 at 11:06 PM Post #3 of 9
Yep, get an adapter. This is the one thing Apple really got wrong with the iPhone. There is no reason I can see for recessing the jack. Hopefully, the next model won't be like that. Otherwise, I love mine. This post is via iPhone, even!

Dec 22, 2007 at 11:47 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by RugerRell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get an adapter. That is one of the reasons why I have not got an iphone and because it only comes with 16GB of memory.

It's actually only 8GB. I'm fine with that, but not fine with the fact I cant use my $700 IEM's
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 23, 2007 at 1:35 AM Post #7 of 9
Besides the sure and the Belkin(Which I loathe), there is the Radtech for 8 dollars in 4 and 3 inches. Also the Griffin adapter which looks slightly better for around 10. Both are not the highest quality cable you can buy but they are both comparably cheap to the Shure. Also I've recently found this minimal adapter that appears to be only sold on ebay... in Black and White. Another would be the iFrogz fitz cable which is basically the same as the Radtech but comes in black and white.. and there is the gold-plated offer from monster cable, the "Monster® iSoniTalk™ Microphone Headphone Adapter for iPhone™" which retails for 20.00 only!

You can buy the Radtech here: iPhone Cables, Splitters, Car & AC Wall Chargers for iPhone

And the Griffin here: Griffin Technology: Headphone Adapter

iFrogz iPhone cable sold here: iPhone Headphone Jack Adapter - Fitz by ifrogz

Monster iSoniTalk here: Monster Cable -- Monster® iSoniTalk™ Microphone Headphone Adapter for iPhone™

Dec 23, 2007 at 2:20 AM Post #9 of 9
I've got the Griffin in black (looks cool with my black phones), and its jack makes a nice, secure connection and the cord is very flexible and feels sturdy and durable. I paid about $10 for it. I've been very pleased with its performance and form factor. There's no need to spend $40 on one.

That last one at $3.95 looks tempting, but I've already got my Griffin, and I might doubt the durability of the really inexpensive one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back