just got into hifi
Jun 9, 2011 at 3:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

dickmaster

New Head-Fier
you will hurt your ears if you use amps lol So, yeah becareful of buying amps n stuff like that... just buy a good pair of headphones and a ipod and ur good to go..

lol now this is a truthful review, ppl must know and save there money unless u must spend ur money.

Jun 9, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #2 of 17
Wow it's like 5th grade all over again.

Jun 9, 2011 at 4:08 PM Post #4 of 17
I know the above posters have chosen to respond with snark, but I know better than to question the dickmaster

Jun 9, 2011 at 4:23 PM Post #6 of 17
Hi, I will give a better opionion or review. I won't reply back to the other posters since they don't know what they are talking about  and given wrongful reviews.

The amp will help you hear things that you don't hear but its unessary its damaging to your ears escially if you listen to loud bass and drums.

If you want to enjoy your amps go ahead but I would like to tell other music lovers its unnessary to pour in a extra $100 for a amp. I bought a amp and its unnessary to buy an amp.

Just buy a nice headphones around $100-200 HD555 you can't go wrong there.

And a ipod.

And your good to go.

Jun 9, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #7 of 17
Thanks for letting us know, that we have no idea , what are we talking about and thanks for putting down pink glasses from my eyes.
just FYI even iPod and some low impedance phones or IEMs can damage your ears easily :)

Jun 9, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #8 of 17
Also, let me know if anybody wants to buy all my amps. It'll be your loss b/c you will hurt your ears.

I will buy all your amps, since they are extremely harmful, I will only pay the shipping for you.

Oh yes, you don't need your STAX anymore, since they won't work without their amps. I will gladly take them from you too. :rolleyes:

@ OP: Amped or out of iPod (which strangely enough still have a headphone amp :rolleyes:) playing anything loudly will hurt your ears and damage your hearing, you are stating the obvious here. Anyway, either you are just trolling for fun or it was a bad joke, heck your username kinda gave it away anyway...

Back on topic, AmanGeorge feel free to PM me for more details, I will take your amps to a better home that it will hurt no one's ears. :atsmile:

Jun 9, 2011 at 4:40 PM Post #9 of 17
i've always liked my transducers a bit underpowered. lol

Jun 9, 2011 at 4:52 PM Post #10 of 17
Feel free to give me all your headphones that need more power. I wouldn't mind having another HE-6(goodluck using that with an ipod). Send all those electostats over too.

screw*n Troll!

Jun 9, 2011 at 5:03 PM Post #12 of 17

Quote:
I don't need an amp?! And here I was holding on to a Stax Omega 2 without ever having tried shoving the headphone's jack into my DAC's RCA outs...  OK... Yup, I hear something. The OP is right!

I believe all dickmaster said you needed was an iPod, none of that fancy (and likely harmful) DAC stuff

Jun 9, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #13 of 17
Hmm, the OP's screen name presents certain opportunities, that...I....must....resist.  Ahhh, there.. crisis averted.  Just in case you were serious in your post- headphone amplifiers are not simply for playing music louder, they're tasked with taking the signal from the source(be it CD players, mp3 players, etc.) and increases the power and voltage of that signal.  That increased signal strength translates(sound quality wise) into better textured, controlled and deeper bass, increased instrument separation, better timbre, increased dynamics and sound stage.

Now, one does need to spend an arm and a leg to get a quality desktop or portable amplifier.  There many excellent options under 200 USD, even under 100 USD.

Jun 9, 2011 at 5:25 PM Post #14 of 17
No man, can't use amps since they destroy your ears. Might as well use ear plugs 24/7...don't listen to music or use your ears at all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back