Just got HD580!
Sep 16, 2006 at 8:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

FutureAudio

New Head-Fier
Just got my HD580!
How much breakin time is required with these?
Even right out of the box it blows off HD280 big time.

Cables look pretty cheap and low quality though...might need to upgrade heh.

Sep 16, 2006 at 8:38 PM Post #2 of 5
Don't worry about break in, just enjoy them right out of the box. The 580's were my first set of good headphones, you're in for a treat.

As for the cable, the stock HD650 cable is much sturdier, and HeadRoom sells it for pretty cheap. Check it out.

Mar 22, 2007 at 6:19 PM Post #3 of 5
EDIT: Doh, sorry for dredging up an old thread. I wasn't paying attention and forgot I was browsing through searched items instead of the actual forum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't worry about break in, just enjoy them right out of the box. The 580's were my first set of good headphones, you're in for a treat.

As for the cable, the stock HD650 cable is much sturdier, and HeadRoom sells it for pretty cheap. Check it out.

Seems to me, the cable is much cheaper directly from Sennheiser. Headroom wants $35, Senn is only asking $11.62+shipping.
http://shop.sennheiserusa.com/retail...ct_prod=092885

Mar 22, 2007 at 6:56 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by billbillw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EDIT: Doh, sorry for dredging up an old thread. I wasn't paying attention and forgot I was browsing through searched items instead of the actual forum.

Seems to me, the cable is much cheaper directly from Sennheiser. Headroom wants $35, Senn is only asking $11.62+shipping.
http://shop.sennheiserusa.com/retail...ct_prod=092885

it also takes a while from sennheiser sometimes

Mar 22, 2007 at 8:12 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it also takes a while from sennheiser sometimes

I received my cable in 3 days but YMMV of course. I believe they ship from the east coast but as long as they have items in stock I don't think it should take long at all. The 650 cable is much nicer for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back