Just got Fostex th-900 After Two Years Of Wheelin' & Dealin'
Mar 18, 2014 at 6:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

dpmalito

Head-Fier
Hey guys, just wanted to say I FINALLY got the Fostex TH 900 after 2 years of scrimping and saving and dealing, and they are amazing. Being a bass fan like i am, the beyerdynaic T5p weren't cutting it.  Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the tips.  It wasn't that expensive either, they are having a 1375 or best offer on ebay and i got mine for 1350 new from an official warranty dealer.

That being said, I have two questions. First, do you guys know anything about the Lawton Audio pads & mods, and two, does anyone have any idea if i can bend the headband?  I have a tiny head and its been the bane of my existence for years.

Thanks again guys for the great info over the last few years!

Mar 18, 2014 at 9:28 PM Post #4 of 9
Enjoy your new headphones
atsmile.gif

Mar 19, 2014 at 7:41 AM Post #5 of 9
Hey guys, just wanted to say I FINALLY got the Fostex TH 900 after 2 years of scrimping and saving and dealing, and they are amazing. Being a bass fan like i am, the beyerdynaic T5p weren't cutting it.  Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the tips.  It wasn't that expensive either, they are having a 1375 or best offer on ebay and i got mine for 1350 new from an official warranty dealer.

That being said, I have two questions. First, do you guys know anything about the Lawton Audio pads & mods, and two, does anyone have any idea if i can bend the headband?  I have a tiny head and its been the bane of my existence for years.

Thanks again guys for the great info over the last few years!

Congrats on a great headphone.

I'm waiting on the return off my TH90 from Mark Lawton. Had him do his damping mods to them, as he did to my D7000 last summer. If they get anywhere near the change (let me be clear, the TH900 doesn't do anything wrong or really need any improvement) I heard n my D7000's, I'm going to be blown away. I'm doing it to try to replicate the bass tightening change I heard on the Denons. I can't leave anything stock.

I have his angle pads on my D7000 and like them over stock or Alpha pads but opted to stay with the stock pads for now on theTH9900, as I can swap the angle pads on to it from the D7000 for testing before costing me $100.

Mar 19, 2014 at 8:27 AM Post #6 of 9
you've got yourself an awesome can there bro. there's a th900 impressions & discussion thread in the high end forum if you're interested.

Mar 19, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #7 of 9
you've got yourself an awesome can there bro. there's a th900 impressions & discussion thread in the high end forum if you're interested.

thanks!

Congrats on a great headphone.

I'm waiting on the return off my TH90 from Mark Lawton. Had him do his damping mods to them, as he did to my D7000 last summer. If they get anywhere near the change (let me be clear, the TH900 doesn't do anything wrong or really need any improvement) I heard n my D7000's, I'm going to be blown away. I'm doing it to try to replicate the bass tightening change I heard on the Denons. I can't leave anything stock.

I have his angle pads on my D7000 and like them over stock or Alpha pads but opted to stay with the stock pads for now on theTH9900, as I can swap the angle pads on to it from the D7000 for testing before costing me $100.

please let me know either here or by priv msg what you think once they get back.  You are right they are great so far, but better is always better! :)

Jun 18, 2014 at 7:15 AM Post #9 of 9
thanks!

please let me know either here or by priv msg what you think once they get back.  You are right they are great so far, but better is always better! :)

So I've had the modded 900's back for about three months now.The improvement is enough to justify doing the mods in my opinion. The already great bass is now tightened up and cleaner and I feel the mids are more clear.

And as much as I do live them, they are for sale. I just feel the D7000 is so close in sound to it and want to explore other headphones. It's one of those deals where if it doesn't sell it's not a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back