Just got a pair of TDK BA200's for $25, what kind of amp do I need to power them?
Nov 25, 2013 at 10:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

KoopaKhan

New Head-Fier
I got in on a deal for the BA200's at Ross. Reviews say they're a decent set of IEM's but that they need an amp to reach their full potential.

Would a Fiio E6 be enough to power them, adequately? Or do I need something with a little more punch?

My source is an Evo 3D with a modified kernel for better sound quality so something portable would be nice.

Nov 25, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #2 of 3
I got the E17 hoping that the SQ will improve with the GS3 with Noozoxide and PowerAmp but it didn't make any/much difference. I haven't tried USB OTG but I don't see much point because it can only work with one audio app - the recorder pro. Given a choice now, I would get a better DAP like the Fiio X3 or even the Sansadisk players.

The BA200 has an output impedance of 35 ohms so it doesn't really require an amp.

Nov 27, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #3 of 3
  I got in on a deal for the BA200's at Ross. Reviews say they're a decent set of IEM's but that they need an amp to reach their full potential.

Would a Fiio E6 be enough to power them, adequately? Or do I need something with a little more punch?

My source is an Evo 3D with a modified kernel for better sound quality so something portable would be nice.

I've tried them with Fiio amps and I didn't really like the pairing. The warm sound of fiio amps along with the already warm ba200s just makes them sound like wet mud.

I enjoy them on a brighter source like the old little dot micro+
With a proper good amp, the bass tightens, reaches lower and the highs aren't as rolled off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back