just got a D10 , can someone help explaining what does that "Gain" switch for ??
Sep 9, 2009 at 3:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

furyagain

500+ Head-Fier
just got a D10 , can someone help explaining what does that "Gain" switch for ??

i am using it with a set of DT-880 pro

mm at 1 'o clock volume setting...
it is just ok
is this normal ???

Sep 9, 2009 at 4:18 PM Post #2 of 8
this is a simplified explanation, but it's like a volume control. the higher the gain, the more power to your phones. usually what you're trying to do is match the gain to your phones, but of course, the higher the gain, the lower the battery life.

Sep 9, 2009 at 5:09 PM Post #5 of 8
no down is low, but unless ibasso have implemented changes, its realy not very effective and there is not a great deal of difference between the 2 setting. in normal circumstances, there woiuld be a noticable difference in volume between lo and hi gain, but the D10 doesnt seem to have much change. I mean its there, but not very dramatic. all the same with your beyers you should be on high. but if you want my opinion; you should get some more suitable cans

Sep 9, 2009 at 6:55 PM Post #6 of 8
m onething is weird...
i just start using the D10
when i listen to music..
some part of the song will give me "cracking" sound .. is it normal for a new D10 ???
will those sound goes away ?

i worry if it is a faulty unit

by the way, i am listening it using a new DT-770pro 80ohm ( just received it)

which headphones works best with D10 /?????
DT-770 pro 80ohm , dt-880 pro, dt-990 pro ( incoming)
jvc harx-700, harx-900,hadx-1 ?????

just want to know.

Sep 10, 2009 at 5:57 AM Post #7 of 8
i also had slight cracking in the highs with my D2000s, tho i'm not sure if it's caused by the headphones not being burn-in enough or the amp.. anyway it doesn't happen anymore ( after i ran the amp and the D2000s on high volume probably at around 3oclock position for 3 days or so), the thing is i never experienced it with my meier aria so i would guess it's the amp

Edit: up is high gain, tho i didn't need high gain on my D2000 just turned the volume up. btw you might like 2 consider rolling the amp, my D2000 sounds great with the 2228/8565 combo and gives more power(which would probably reduce the battery life, nothing dramatic i have noticed). the best way to go is to contact Hiflight and get some advice on opamps they're really easy to change. from the opamps that came with the D10 i found that 8532/8656 sounds better then stock with D2000, gives more power i think, you might like 2 try it, tho it doesn't give as transparent sound

Sep 10, 2009 at 2:34 PM Post #8 of 8
Crackling sound can occour when the battery is nearing empty

Users who are viewing this thread

Back