Just go the hd 598 looking for dac/amp combo
Feb 3, 2014 at 6:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

kyodu

New Head-Fier
Hi,
i just go the hd 598 so far i really like them I listen to a lot of classic and pop lately. Now i want to buy an dac/amp combo for 200-250$ i want to connect my ps4(optical) and my pc(usb) to it so i need an optical input and a select switch to change input. I try to decide between Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 and the Audinst HUD-mx2.
I like the fact that the mx2 has 6,3mm output and the overall design and size on the other hand i do like the price of the TubeMagic D1.
Any opinions on those two or other suggestions?

kyodu

Feb 5, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #3 of 4
Schiit Modi/Magni stack with PSA cables should provide enough power for $200 for the HD598, and perhaps even the HD600/650. Great reviews, even though I personally don't own one.

If you can afford it, buy a used NuForce HDP for around <$300, maybe on amazon. I own one personally and it just kicks butt. The DAC in the NuForce HDP is the same DAC chip they use in NuForce's $1000+ DAC's. The amp part is also great. Also so many inputs and outputs (digital in, RCA in, coaxial, USB, etc..

Feb 5, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #4 of 4
Wait misread it. I thought you were connecting from just a computer, not a PS4 as well (optical output). Get a used NuForce HDP on amazon. I know it's a little out of your budget, but when you upgrade headphones (inevitably), you'll thank yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back