1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Just go the hd 598 looking for dac/amp combo

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by kyodu, Feb 3, 2014.
  1. kyodu
    Hi,
    i just go the hd 598 so far i really like them I listen to a lot of classic and pop lately. Now i want to buy an dac/amp combo for 200-250$ i want to connect my ps4(optical) and my pc(usb) to it so i need an optical input and a select switch to change input. I try to decide between Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 and the Audinst HUD-mx2.
    I like the fact that the mx2 has 6,3mm output and the overall design and size on the other hand i do like the price of the TubeMagic D1.
    Any opinions on those two or other suggestions?

kyodu

2. kyodu
    push

3. gradofan1
    Schiit Modi/Magni stack with PSA cables should provide enough power for $200 for the HD598, and perhaps even the HD600/650. Great reviews, even though I personally don't own one.

If you can afford it, buy a used NuForce HDP for around <$300, maybe on amazon. I own one personally and it just kicks butt. The DAC in the NuForce HDP is the same DAC chip they use in NuForce's $1000+ DAC's. The amp part is also great. Also so many inputs and outputs (digital in, RCA in, coaxial, USB, etc..

4. gradofan1
    Wait misread it. I thought you were connecting from just a computer, not a PS4 as well (optical output). Get a used NuForce HDP on amazon. I know it's a little out of your budget, but when you upgrade headphones (inevitably), you'll thank yourself.