Just finished my desk! (wood fans)
Feb 18, 2008 at 4:35 PM Post #16 of 40
First off the color in my room is olive green walls and tan carpet my camera is just super crappy LOL. The supports are all hidden underneath the top which swing and lock into place, the top supports about 150 pounds. For dimensions it is 79" down one side and 79" down the other and in from the keyboard its 36".

Feb 18, 2008 at 4:41 PM Post #17 of 40
WOW...I'm very impressed. I also have a solid oak table in my room, but this one is quite chic in design. Also notice that you have same Logitech keyboard as me, which also merits another thumbs up!

Feb 18, 2008 at 5:34 PM Post #18 of 40
wow thats a beautiful desk. mines just a cheap particle board one from like 15 years ago.

Feb 18, 2008 at 6:47 PM Post #20 of 40
Impressive! I really like the drawer handles. So ergonomic! Although I wonder if the monitor placer really has any space for a monitor given the wall position.

Coming from the generation of IKEA, REAL furnitures must be much better. I know that my parents' complete redwood living room set feels billionth times more substantial and grand than any IKEA self kits.

Good work!

Feb 18, 2008 at 7:26 PM Post #22 of 40
First though - "Wow, that's beautiful. Simply." Excellent job, and I love the grain in the desktop. Hope it's everything that you wanted it to be!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 18, 2008 at 9:36 PM Post #27 of 40
very nice job CaseJ. As another woodworker I appreciate the time and effort that went into that project. Do you have enough scrap left to make a matching headphone stand? That would be very cool.

I like your Amethyst, I have one about that size, It sits on our fireplace hearth.

Feb 18, 2008 at 10:29 PM Post #29 of 40
My parents are both designers and had high quality furniture, woodworking and design business for years, so I've always lived around high quality furniture and woodwork. Most of my house has custom made furniture and only recently has IKEA oppened it's first store here. I've done my share of woodworking and still do. IMO there's something extremely rewarding in building something like that! Kudos to you!!

Feb 19, 2008 at 12:33 AM Post #30 of 40
Looks very nice. Especially, the amethyst. How do you guys keep such a nice working area? Mine is nasty and cluttered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back